Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Has anyone test drove/ owned both of these? I have been set on the Pioneer P4, but since i still got about 6 months before I can purchase one, ive been keeping options open. The Teryx4 is the only other 4 seat sxs that interests me. Ill be using it for about 50% work/ Hunting and 50% trail riding. Work is light and the bed doesnt need to be big, we have trailers we tow for gravel and stuff like that. We also use a hitch haul for deer. Trail riding will consist of everything from water, mud, rock, hard packed, etc... Im not looking to use it as a boat, but i do like the mud. Most of the riding is just me in it, but there will be times ill have as many as 4 in there so a 4 seater is a must (the more time that goes by, the more i will have others with me). I wont be at high altitudes, so not really worried about lack of power in the Honda, though i do hope they add a low gear in the 2016.

I love that the Honda is a Honda (quality, holds its price, and reliability) and for the price difference i could add a winch, winshield, roof, and tires with $$$ left over..... but the Teryx has my interest because: More comfortable seats for trail riding, better suspension, more power (high and low both more power) (having a belt drive doesnt bother me), 3 year warranty, and engine braking going down hill..

Buy once cry once... Whatever i have, i plan to keep it for a long time. While im still 95% sure that a Honda will be perfect, the Teryx has my attention.

curious what others who have driven both think

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
My buddy Chris has had both. I'll see what he thinks and let you know. 2014 pioneer and 2014 Teryx both where 2 seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Pioneer is nice and dependable no belt drive seats are uncomfortable shocks aren't the best. No low range or storage. Single cylinder. Teryx Vtwin, fox shocks low range plenty of power. Also plenty of storage and probably the best stock seats on the market. That's what Chris said.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
thanks, pretty much sums up what i have read. I think the storage in the teryx4 is a lot less than the 2 seater. looks like most of the 2 seater storage was taken away when they added the rear seats.

Big question is, if he could only have one, which would it be?

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Probably the Teryx, he sold the pioneer to get it. But I think he misses the pioneer sometimes. I do pretty much the same stuff that you want one for not once did I have any problems and it has did everything. It's not going to do extreme trail riding tho. It does 85% of about any ATV park I been too. It would probably do 100% with use of winch and a lot of damage. I looked at the Teryx also. I needed a 4 seater and the bed is just to small on the Teryx I didn't want to pull a trailer all the time to have room to haul things. I had about 20 bags of seed in the bed no way I could do that on a Teryx was during hunt club planting days.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
If you want a long term SxS I would say Honda but wait and see if the 1000cc pioneer is true and for sale in 2016 would be worth the wait.

MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
I own a 2014 Teryx4 and consider it to be the ultimate doomsday SxS. I also own a 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 and don't yet have a real opinion on it (only 8 miles on the odometer). I do however greatly prefer the bucket seats of the Teryx4 and would have preferred real bucket seats on the Pioneer. It's just a different feel.