Talon X Live Valve Suspension

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
So it’s looking like I’ll be getting an X Live Valve. My question is what is the best suspension set up? My plans are for a full Trail Armor skid plate, spare tire, probably the Tractor Supply box, bed extender, rotomolded ice chest, and a 1.5 or 2 gallons rotopax gas and water containers. I will probably replace the nitrogen caps at some point so any suggestions are welcome. I like Weller Racing but their complete overhaul isn’t for the LV. I’m coming from a Pioneer 1000-5 to get a better suspension for trail riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I would give Gary a call at G-Force Racing and Suspension Technologies out Johnson CityTennessee. He is awesome and I believe he has a setup for the LV. He did my X non-LV and I am really happy with how handles and rides! Night and day difference.

Reactions: K9Paco
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Try George White at Double E Racing. I believe he has a LV suspension setup for the Talons. As an added bonus they race these cars and know them well.

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
I would recommend not going hog wild with extra purchases until you drive it stock for a bit. You already have quite a bit of experience which will help you, after seeing how it drives stock. Congratulations on your almost purchase!

Reactions: K9Paco and 906UP
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
I would recommend not going hog wild with extra purchases until you drive it stock for a bit. You already have quite a bit of experience which will help you, after seeing how it drives stock. Congratulations on your almost purchase!
Great advice.
@K9Paco drive it for a while, see what you like or don't like so you can relay those concerns to the suspension shop IF you decide it needs it.

As far as skid plates go, I'm a fan of Ricochet, they are the only ones on the market (that I know of) that doesn't add any holes to the frame or use self-tappers.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Great advice.
@K9Paco drive it for a while, see what you like or don't like so you can relay those concerns to the suspension shop IF you decide it needs it.

As far as skid plates go, I'm a fan of Ricochet, they are the only ones on the market (that I know of) that doesn't add any holes to the frame or use self-tappers.

I had Trail Armor on the pioneer and liked them. Thanks for the advice on trying it out first. The suspension may be a little while anyway. Gotta add the skid and winch first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 906UP