P1000 Switch plate.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Ok so I'm hooking up my switch plate.
5 switches total. Got everything done except my "key on power". I want the switches to be illuminated.
I've read what it says as far as tapping into the correct wire.

Here's my question. Once I run the tapped wire to the first switch then what do I do to get the power to the other 4 switches?

Thanks chris

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In my mind you would have 2 wires getting crimped into each female spade connector except for the last one.

Waylan

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
In my mind you would have 2 wires getting crimped into each female spade connector except for the last one.

Waylan

Waylan the key on power wire just plugs into one of the spots on the first switch. My question is how do I get the "key on power to the rest of the switches? Do I just use like a y connector and just keep jumping the key on power over?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can buy "Y" spade connectors at most electronic stores. It's basically a female in center with 2 males on the sides. Put female on 1st switch, key on power wire on one male and use other male to run a power wire to next switch.

Reactions: Scooterchris
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
You can buy "Y" spade connectors at most electronic stores. It's basically a female in center with 2 males on the sides. Put female on 1st switch, key on power wire on one male and use other male to run a power wire to next switch.

OK thanks. That sums that up. Now. Next question.

Theirs 2 places to get key on power from correct . The black and white wire next to the fuse panel and the brown and white wire up next to the battery.

My super winch required key on power. So I hooked it up next to the brown and white key on wire by the battery. I'm then gonna hook my switch "key on power" jumper to the black and white wire next to the fuse panel or should I run both the switch and winch key on wires from the black and white wire?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
You need to consider total power (amps) if several or all of them are on at one time.

If you're not overloading the circuit you can daisy chain them together like you mentioned.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
You need to consider total power (amps) if several or all of them are on at one time.

If you're not overloading the circuit you can daisy chain them together like you mentioned.

Is there another way good sir?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is there another way good sir?

On my last machine I ran two power wires to the switch panel. That way I wouldn't have so much current on one wire.

One wire fed three switches
The other wire fed two switches. In my case this wire was from the battery but the idea is the same.