P1000 Sweet I'm in the club..

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well guys - I'm in..picked up a silver 5P Deluxe on Fri.. Bolted a 4" bilge blower on Sat and that took care of the heat. Took her out to get dirty and she did not disappoint. Very happy guy here..

One quick question on the paddle shifters - should you let off the gas while shifting? Read the manual and did not see anything on it?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I try to let off a little because it will be easier on it but it's not required. If you think about it you'd have let off each shift in auto because it's the same shift either way, one is you telling it when and one is the machine but both are electronic.

Congratulations!!!! I'm really glad to hear you've got one finally!!! But you're not officially in until pictures

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: pct and Eltobgi
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here she is loaded up headed for her new home. She fits in the hauler good but will have to mod my happijack bed a bit due to the roof.

WP 20160916 001

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well guys - I'm in..picked up a silver 5P Deluxe on Fri.. Bolted a 4" bilge blower on Sat and that took care of the heat. Took her out to get dirty and she did not disappoint. Very happy guy here..

One quick question on the paddle shifters - should you let off the gas while shifting? Read the manual and did not see anything on it?

As far as shifting, think about the vehicle when in "auto". It doesn't let off, you stay in the gas and it bangs thru the gears! Really cool.

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok now you're in! Holy cow that's close!

Sent from iPhone
Its not as close as it looks - theres about 5 inches of roof clearance and if I pull it all the way up until the roof hits the side cabinets I have about 4 feet to the door so at least I can get some of the weight up forward over the axles. She towed great - I even pushed it further back once and sill did fine. Colorado ,Utah, Tenn..here we come..

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Very good! You even have room for a lift if you wanted

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
For sure!! She's got to be happy or... well we all know the end of that phrase!

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: pct
advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club @txsurfer.
Love the color choice. I think that was everyone's favorite but we settled for red because it was not available.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks - I am curious how the matte black wheels will hold up esp in the sand? Oh well at least UTV parts are more affordable than the boat crap I'm used to LOL..

Peking_Duck

Peking_Duck

Jul 30, 2016
Clifton Forge, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Welcome, nice color choice.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Good deal. Should be great after strapping down.

Sent from iPhone

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its not as close as it looks - theres about 5 inches of roof clearance and if I pull it all the way up until the roof hits the side cabinets I have about 4 feet to the door so at least I can get some of the weight up forward over the axles. She towed great - I even pushed it further back once and sill did fine. Colorado ,Utah, Tenn..here we come..
Welcome and congrats on the buy. They are awesome machines. I see you mentioned Tenn. Give me or @drfubar or @joeymt33 a holler if you do make it over this way. We will put you on some good riding. Do a search for Bull Run to see some videos.

Reactions: sharp
advertisement