P700 SuperATV Flip Windshield issue

Chowitt87

Chowitt87

Supporting Member
Nov 22, 2020
Inman, SC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have a 2021 700-4. When I bought it I bought the Honda hard roof and SuperATV windshield at the same time. To save money I told the dealer I would install both items. The install was easy on both I thought but my windshield hits my roof when open all the way. I can’t move the windshield down anymore and feel confident that everything is installed properly. I’ve thought about trimming the roof where it hits or just putting a piece of weatherstripping on it. Has anyone else had the windshield contact the roof?

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I bought some weatherstripping for my roof where the window hits so it would stop scratching

Reactions: SuperATV
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I
I have a 2021 700-4. When I bought it I bought the Honda hard roof and SuperATV windshield at the same time. To save money I told the dealer I would install both items. The install was easy on both I thought but my windshield hits my roof when open all the way. I can’t move the windshield down anymore and feel confident that everything is installed properly. I’ve thought about trimming the roof where it hits or just putting a piece of weatherstripping on it. Has anyone else had the windshield contact the roof?
I trimmed my roof i just drew a line and used an oscillating saw. Real easy. You don't want a rub mark in your windshield.

E

Ehunter

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
Bend
Ownership

1. 700-4
I also used weather stripping as a temp fix will cut the roof back this spring. My only concern with trimming the roof was whether water would drip inside the window

Reactions: SuperATV
A

adventure1

Nov 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wow I am in the same boat though the dealer has not yet received my windshield. My question is how much do you have to trim off the roof?

Reactions: Backwoods
Chowitt87

Chowitt87

Supporting Member
Nov 22, 2020
Inman, SC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the response. I think I will just trim the roof too. It looks to be only about an inch needs to come off.

Reactions: adventure1
A

adventure1

Nov 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 700-4
Now I just need my windshield to come in. As an inch is reasonable anymore I might opt for a different one.

Reactions: Backwoods