New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
looking on ideas on how and where to install this

513E5B40 DCDF 47AA BAD0 ED80003D701C

Reactions: Mudwing
J

JTW

It’s a rocker switch (in and out) but it’s already housed and sealed in a box with a wire easy connect to a splitter by the solenoid.

It also splits to a wireless remote so I might just keep it under the hood and keep the remote in the glove box
Do you have the cup holder mod done? If not.. That’s where you take out the factory cup holders dremmel out the hole and insert a boat style cup holder. I mention this because if it were me. I’d zip tie that dude under the cup holder and use the remote. If the remote dies or gets lost. You can just pull the cup holder out and manipulate your winch from there.

S

Spoof0ne

Aug 8, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have the cup holder mod done? If not.. That’s where you take out the factory cup holders dremmel out the hole and insert a boat style cup holder. I mention this because if it were me. I’d zip tie that dude under the cup holder and use the remote. If the remote dies or gets lost. You can just pull the cup holder out and manipulate your winch from there.

Good idea. I haven’t done the cup holder mod yet, but was planning to down the road. The boat cup holder doesn’t get secured with glue or silicone?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Good idea. I haven’t done the cup holder mod yet, but was planning to down the road. The boat cup holder doesn’t get secured with glue or silicone?
Not necessary if you cut the hole tight