P500 Stuck my P5

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Stuck my new Pioneer yesterday for the first time! Was in a cutover next to my deer stand attempting to trim some foliage that was blocking my view. Going through some thick stuff & ran over an unseen stump & high centered my ride. Being paralyzed & unable to extract myself, I called my hunting partner Gene who was 12 miles away & he drove to where my truck & trailer were parked & walked to where I was. My new Smittybilt 3000 lb winch pulled me to the nearest tree about 25 feet away. After an ass chewing from Gene for pulling this stunt, I drove us back to my truck & shamefully loaded up & promised not to pull any more stunts for awhile.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe next time that stump might be a gator. So at least you won't have to go hunting any further....Be safe. Even though I ride alone mostly, it's safer when riding with others. Or get a bumper mounted Bat cannon with a Bat trigger releasing Bat harpoon attached to your winch line....Na na na na na na na na...Batmobile 500

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I had seen 2 does at first light for about 20 minutes. But I’m waiting for a good buck I saw a week ago. When I looked through the scope, all I saw was horns! I got shook up & couldn’t stop shaking enough to get a shot. Buck Fever! But I always keep my cell phone charged & do have a backup plan. I got most of my trimming done & wont venture out in the cutover again without a spotter!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had seen 2 does at first light for about 20 minutes. But I’m waiting for a good buck I saw a week ago. When I looked through the scope, all I saw was horns! I got shook up & couldn’t stop shaking enough to get a shot. Buck Fever! But I always keep my cell phone charged & do have a backup plan. I got most of my trimming done & wont venture out in the cutover again without a spotter!
I admire your determination, it’s good to see people who still believe that life is what you make it. Remember, only look at the horns long enough to make sure it’s the buck you want...after that you should focus only on the kill zone. Take a deep breath, exhale slowly and squeeze that trigger between heart beats. You got this man! Good luck and stay safe.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Stuck my new Pioneer yesterday for the first time! Was in a cutover next to my deer stand attempting to trim some foliage that was blocking my view. Going through some thick stuff & ran over an unseen stump & high centered my ride. Being paralyzed & unable to extract myself, I called my hunting partner Gene who was 12 miles away & he drove to where my truck & trailer were parked & walked to where I was. My new Smittybilt 3000 lb winch pulled me to the nearest tree about 25 feet away. After an ass chewing from Gene for pulling this stunt, I drove us back to my truck & shamefully loaded up & promised not to pull any more stunts for awhile.
Don't feel bad,I've seen bulldozers high centered on stumps.LoL

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
High centered first time at Takeover, and a lot of other first time Oh #$&@ s

Reactions: Bastardchild
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Glad all worked out and you are safe and sound, now go and get that buck. And as Russ 989 said once you realize its the one you want don't look at the antlers again just focus on that front shoulder.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
It happens. I am a little familiar with how stressful that had to be, my mother was in a wheelchair and since she could still transfer herself she insisted on mowing her own grass on the big ZTR Gravely mower, including her pasture ground. One day the mower ran out of gas, and she was stuck, fortunately her only neighbor saw her and came to her aid. After that we insisted she carry a sports horn in the cup holder, and maybe her cell phone. :) You may want to consider getting a handheld HAM radio in the event you cannot get cell coverage, and a train horn. :)

advertisement
sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Way to take life by the horns and enjoy it.
Everything is better in a P 5..
Be safe and have a back up.

Reactions: Mudwing