P1000 Street legal kits?

multipleshotsfired

multipleshotsfired

Jan 17, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Greetings-

About to pull the trigger on a 1000, the dealer offered to install a street legal kit, but I'm looking to do as much of the modifications myself. Anyone have experience with a kit for the 1000? I'm looking at the bulldogatv kit and ones from utvstreetlegalkits.com. Has anyone installed their own system? Any opinions or tips?

Thanks!!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome to HondaSXS! I don't have experience with making one street legal but I'm sure you can do it. Just setting your mind to do it is the hardest part.

Good luck. Someone will be among soon with experience.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had the dealer do my street legal. They had trouble adding turn signals on the steering column because of the paddles so put a toggle in the dash, horn was simple enough. The rear view mirror they put in sucked so I added side mirrors. Rear license plate has lights, dot criteria. Had turn signal lights added to sides , front and rear. They took care of paperwork with DOT. P1000 already has seat belts, brake lights, that's about it? Good luck.

multipleshotsfired

multipleshotsfired

Jan 17, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Had the dealer do my street legal. They had trouble adding turn signals on the steering column because of the paddles so put a toggle in the dash, horn was simple enough. The rear view mirror they put in sucked so I added side mirrors. Rear license plate has lights, dot criteria. Had turn signal lights added to sides , front and rear. They took care of paperwork with DOT. P1000 already has seat belts, brake lights, that's about it? Good luck.

How did the dealer handle the rear signal install? I'm trying to come up with the best way to handle that. Any pics would be appreciated!

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did the dealer handle the rear signal install? I'm trying to come up with the best way to handle that. Any pics would be appreciated!
Will add pics. on turn signals. Basically had them add amber turn signals front ,rear and on sides to be more visable. They did all the wiring.

XtremeF150

XtremeF150

Aug 27, 2016
Cumming GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will add pics. on turn signals. Basically had them add amber turn signals front ,rear and on sides to be more visable. They did all the wiring.

What did the dealer charge to do the whole thing. Thinking it would be nice to have someone else do all that wiring. Wonder if it would all be compliant with the warranty in that case too.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What did the dealer charge to do the whole thing. Thinking it would be nice to have someone else do all that wiring. Wonder if it would all be compliant with the warranty in that case too.
They did not break it down, there were so many add ons,etc., am sure they were glad to see rig out the door. Total with every thing taxes license, extra warrenty etc. about $24,000.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They did not break it down, there were so many add ons,etc., am sure they were glad to see rig out the door. Total with every thing taxes license, extra warrenty etc. about $24,000.
What really sucks is that in western Wash., really can not drive it anywhere. and eastern Wash., which is more farm country am limited to roads with speeds under 35 mph. Washington which is mostly liberal tree hugging politically correct Obama lovers, would move but love being on the salt water.

XtremeF150

XtremeF150

Aug 27, 2016
Cumming GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks. I guess I would just have to call them.