All5Hondas

Always Honda
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2019
Mountains
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hi there,
My question is regarding the driver side seat belt discomfort....at least for me. I am not going to be replacing belts anytime soon, so need to make this work.

Shoulder belts are not comfortable due to the fact that I broke my collarbone left side several years ago and it glued itself back crooked. At 5' tall, the seat belt rubs exactly where the break is. I have tried several methods of padding in other vehicles. In the Talon, there is no "play" so the tension is always tight.

Is there some kind of adjustment so I can back it off just enough to be comfortable yet still safe? In an automobile, you can move the shoulder belt for padding etc. But the Talon is so tight I cannot budge it.

Thanks!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi there,
My question is regarding the driver side seat belt discomfort....at least for me. I am not going to be replacing belts anytime soon, so need to make this work.

Shoulder belts are not comfortable due to the fact that I broke my collarbone left side several years ago and it glued itself back crooked. At 5' tall, the seat belt rubs exactly where the break is. I have tried several methods of padding in other vehicles. In the Talon, there is no "play" so the tension is always tight.

Is there some kind of adjustment so I can back it off just enough to be comfortable yet still safe? In an automobile, you can move the shoulder belt for padding etc. But the Talon is so tight I cannot budge it.

Thanks!
Just me, but I would run it UNDER my armpit if it was too uncomfortable otherwise.

All5Hondas

All5Hondas

Always Honda
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2019
Mountains
Ownership

1. Talon X
LOL ...... I assumed you were a man.
That's okay, another guy told me to do that too, works for him, but.....
I think I am just wondering why there is no slack like in auto belts, mine is too tight, no play or give whatsoever. Thought maybe there is an adjustment I don't know about.

Reactions: Mudwing and BigOL3