P1000 Starting/Cranking Issue

bigsnowman

bigsnowman

First off, a very Happy New Year's to everyone! (Here in north central MN the northern lights were stunning at times.)

We rode it ('16 P1K5) about 12 miles to a gathering and I was shuttling people out to the bonfire. After ringing in the New Year around the fire I went to start it, the fuel pump would cycle, the volt meter read 11.6v, everything looked normal on the dash, tried park, neutral and in gear with my foot on the brake, but nothing on the starter. I could hear the relay under the hood click but nothing on the starter. I did check the oil level just to make sure that wasn't the issue. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance and once again Happy New Year!

Reactions: sharp
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
First off, a very Happy New Year's to everyone! (Here in north central MN the northern lights were stunning at times.)

We rode it ('16 P1K5) about 12 miles to a gathering and I was shuttling people out to the bonfire. After ringing in the New Year around the fire I went to start it, the fuel pump would cycle, the volt meter read 11.6v, everything looked normal on the dash, tried park, neutral and in gear with my foot on the brake, but nothing on the starter. I could hear the relay under the hood click but nothing on the starter. I did check the oil level just to make sure that wasn't the issue. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance and once again Happy New Year!

Did it eventually turn over? Sounds like you just have a loose connection....or I suppose theres potential for some moisture in the starter and it froze up while sitting. Low voltage doesn't help either....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bigsnowman

bigsnowman

Did it eventually turn over? Sounds like you just have a loose connection....or I suppose theres potential for some moisture in the starter and it froze up while sitting. Low voltage doesn't help either....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I'm sure it was the battery. Gotta love the cool weather as it always shows the weak link. Thanks!