Squealing sound after sitting overnight

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Not sure if anybody else has this issue but when I leave my Pioneer overnight and go to use it the next day there's a squealing sound coming from it as soon as I start moving. Now I've had this noise since this spring and just assumed it was from the e brake pads. I never used the e-brake unless I haul the Pioneer on the trailer.Once I drive it about 100 to 200 feet the noise stops and I never hear it untill I leave it overnight and go to use it again. I've jacked the rear up and put it in gear while its running but of course can't hear the noise then.If I turn the rear wheels by hand [engine off] I can hear a slight squeal coming from the brakes. So just wondering if anyone else has had this happen on there Pioneer.

Dick

Dick

Dec 29, 2013
N.B. Canada
I noticed a little squeal when I first take off but it is not very loud. I just figured it was the rotors drying off because it is always wet when I put it away.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I kinda figured it must be the back brake.I had pulled it off and turned the rear wheels by hand and there was no noise.When I put the back brake caliper and pads back on there was that slight squeal. So I figured I'd ask if anyone else has this noise after letting it sit overnight.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
I live in a very dry climate and have only heard that a few times if it was a fogy or rainy night. It's from a thin coat of rust developing on the rotor's or brake drum and goes away very quickly when you use your brakes. It's nothing to worry about and quite normal.