P1000 Speaker setup

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like listening to music ... but i don't have an enclosed cab... or space above for a setup like Jackal has... (and probably not the budget either!)... so i've experimented a bit.. and thought I would share a couple setups i've used.. and plus's and minus's that i've figured out so far...:

the first one I tried... and actually didn't work too bad... was the waterproof AOMAIS Sport. A small speaker - that as You can see.. I could set up in the cubby space below Your warning sticker space (umm.. the switches space that many of us have converted).

The POSITIVES for this set up...:
COST $50 -
Can Charge it right from your USB port (well.. IF You have a USB port - or use a converter in your aux. plug) - do NOT need 110 power to charge it
Bluetooth - works WELL with my iPhone
sounds amazingly good, and fairly loud - FOR a TINY Speaker
easily mountable - and stable (i used velcro, and a set screw (it has a 1/4" female threaded bottom) - wasn't going anywhere no matter how hard you ran your rig

NEGATIVES:
Tiny speaker - while sounds fine when not moving, and by itself, compared to a larger speaker - it doesn't stand up.. and as soon as you start moving (remember - open air cab - louder and wind) - it gets drowned out (which is ultimately why i looked for a new setup)

I tried a couple other speakers.. such as the Fugoo XL Tough (for the money ($250)- it wasn't significantly better than the $50 AOMAIS Sport - definitely better sounding speaker, but not significantly louder - so as soon as you started moving.. it got drowned out), Jawbone Big Jambox - one of my favorite Bluetooth speakers EVER.. but not weather/waterproof, and not built to be jostled around.... and ended up with the JBL XTreme..

POSITIVES:
Excellent sounding speaker (one of the highest rated bluetooth speakers out there)
gets LOUD enough to listen to while moving (probably one of the very few weatherproof bluetooth speakers to do so)
no sharp edges for how i wanted to mount it
Weatherproof (but NOT submergible).. watched a number of Youtubes to make sure it would stand up to rainstorms... convinced it will.
Can connect 2 at once to your bluetooth source if You want (can't with others i tried... not that You will want too.. but it's an awesome sound, fuller, etc.. if you, or your buddies, have the same speaker when you stop riding and want to party! :)
placement of speaker - out of the way.. looks good.. doesn't move more than an inch front to back with hard riding.. closer to ears
comes with main strap - and hooks for speaker up to top of rollbar - i just used Velcro One Strips (1.5" wide) for the straps from speaker down..

NEGATIVES:
Cost - $250 (actually.. i paid $175 - because my son works at Best Buy)... but retails around $300.
placement of speaker - harder use controls on speaker if trying to use it to change tunes or volume (I personally use my iPhone for that... i have over 10,000 songs on my iphone... so not typically using the speaker to chose songs... (i set up playlists for occassions....)

i'm sure i left stuff out.. but feel free to ask...

IMG 5923 IMG 5924 IMG 5927

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Oh yea.. another potential negative to the JBL... it needs 110 power to charge it, whereas I can just charge the Aomais on the fly.. no doubt you can use a cheap 110 converter plugged into the aux. port... but it just isn't as convenient to charge. personally.. i just have an overhead 110 cord where i park my 1000 in my shed.. and just charge it when needed without taking the speaker out of the rig.....