P1000 Soft upper doors.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I finished mounting my soft upper doors Friday and thought I'd offer my initial thoughts. The installation wasn't t too bad. When you print the templates make sure the scale printed on them measures correct. Also after you tape them together check them against the brackets on the new doors and against each other. There is a template for the inner and outer door. After you fit and tape the templates on the door measure the inside and outside to see if they line up. The four outside holes are not that critical as you can open these as needed to gain proper alignment and not cause any problems.

My advice is after the templates are in place is to set the new door in place and check fitment. I didn't do this on the drivers side and the fit wasn't as good as I liked. I did on the passengers door and ended up moving it forward 1/4" and the fitment was much better.

The material and clear plastic on the new half's seems heavy enough but the plastic on the lower doors is very thin and I don't believe it will hold to much usage, especially in very cold weather. Hopefully I'm wrong but I think it would be a good idea to open the door up and add some reinforcement similar to what CP did on his.