P700 Soft tops

S

Shadmejean1

Dec 5, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Are the soft tops any good ? How durable are they and can they be removed and stored on the p7 while trail riding ?
Thanks

Reactions: swsebek
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are the soft tops any good ? How durable are they and can they be removed and stored on the p7 while trail riding ?
Thanks
They are very durable! I leave mine on all the time... I’ve had limbs scrape across it hard and never any holes.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you tow with the soft top installed?
I have up to about 80 mph... problem is the top flaps and the fiberglass rods will rub a hole in the fabric. What I do is take the fabric top off and leave the rods in place when I trailer it a longer distance. Takes about 30 seconds to get it off and a couple minutes to put it on when I get there.
The instructions say to put the rods through the channels on the fabric, but I never saw a benefit from that. Just makes it harder to take off and put back on...

C

Corbun

Mar 3, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had a universal soft top I got from my buddy. Going through tight trails and rubbing bars on trees would shred it pretty easily. Took mine off when trailering because I didnt want material to rip where it connected to ROPS. Found a used Honda hard top on FB for $250. Love it

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks
Had mine for 5 years. Had a couple of tears and holes. Jo-Ann fabrics iron ons fixed that.
I don't like the John boat look of the hard top.
My top is off if it's nice out. Just pop off roll up and on my way.