P1000 Soft top

J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
Has anyone here used the soft top made by Honda? I can't find many reviews on it. One review said that it got torn while trailering it. There is one advertised on Craigslist. The guy said it seems very durable but wouldn't recommend trailering with it on. That doesn't seem very durable.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Has anyone here used the soft top made by Honda? I can't find many reviews on it. One review said that it got torn while trailering it. There is one advertised on Craigslist. The guy said it seems very durable but wouldn't recommend trailering with it on. That doesn't seem very durable.
I have had the soft top and glass winsheild on my 700 and 1000. I think they are very durable. Have trailered them both for 10 hours on the expressway up to 80mph without a problem. Just make sure you have it mounted correctly and tight. You will like it.

J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
That's exactly the setup I want for cooler weather...glass windshield, soft top and soft back pannel (behind the front seat).

Reactions: Springer
jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a soft top. I stress the word HAD. Riding on tight trails around the hunting property, it got claimed by the mesquite trees. Lasted a whole 2 months! As long as you don't drive your machine like an a*****e like I do, it might hold up for a while.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Honda soft top and emp full hardcoat window. Tried twice trailering it at once 65 and once 55. I felt it was tight but each time rods jerked out and wore tiny pin holes. So after reading @Hondasxs post on going rodless that is now what i do. I think it looks better and has lower profile. Seems like its tighter too. I like the fact i can now roll it up quick and strap it to a bar if i dont want a roof or if it rains quick back on. No rods have set me free! :) I will post picture when i get home tonight.

Reactions: Hondasxs
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is my flat roof. I wanted a flat metal roof but 68 or more pounds is not for me. It can be pulled tighter because no bows to buckle under pressure. And i like this new versatility.
Image Image Image Image

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Here is my flat roof. I wanted a flat metal roof but 68 or more pounds is not for me. It can be pulled tighter because no bows to buckle under pressure. And i like this new versatility.
View attachment 18221 View attachment 18222 View attachment 18223 View attachment 18225
Nice, I love mine. Roll it up to the side to trailer and bungee it down. ez-pz. lol.
There when you need it and off when you dont. Cant do that with a solid roof.
Only issue is letting it sit in the rain. It will puddle if you are stopped, but its not a big deal if you moving along.

Reactions: Stauvo
J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
"I have the Honda soft top and emp full hardcoat window."

I didn't think EMP had a windshield for the new Pioneer 1000?

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
"I have the Honda soft top and emp full hardcoat window."

I didn't think EMP had a windshield for the new Pioneer 1000?

Yes they have a full quick attach window that is hard coated on both sides. It is 1/4 inch thick. They said however no plans at this time for aarm gaurds. Dang it!

J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
I did find the EMP windshield, but it's a hard coated polycarbonate. Have you had any problems with it scratching?

advertisement
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did find the EMP windshield, but it's a hard coated polycarbonate. Have you had any problems with it scratching?

The only scratch I am aware of I caused myself. Lol! Before I went rodless on my soft top roof. I shoved the rod through the canopy holes and the end struck my new window and slid sidways. Hence a real light scratch. It only had myself to blame. Since then I have wiped dust with a cloth and it seems good. I do realize it is not glass and will eventually show fine lines over time. I was all for a glass window at first. I have gravitated to lightweight quick removal items. I would buy it again.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I lnow it's late but I had a Vodka SAuer and am feeling chatty tonight. Lol!
I live in a lake and got this idea from a pontoon boat. I am going to fix my canopy in a fasion that will allow me to roll ir ! back to the rear bar and strap ot down for days I do t want a roof and then when needed quickly roll forward and strap it. Or. Roll from back to front. hmmm. Something to think about. Lol! I will modify some of the straps so they disconect easier that the stock setup. Oh ya long live the soft top. :)