So, whats wore out?

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Looking at tires, what do most people call worn out? For years( and no real good reason) i have replaced tires on everything I have owned when they get to within 1/8in of the wear indicators. What say you?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Looking at tires, what do most people call worn out? For years( and no real good reason) i have replaced tires on everything I have owned when they get to within 1/8in of the wear indicators. What say you?
I've run through two sets of tires on mine and I started to squirm before the tires were really done. The stockers because of the reputation for not being all that 'tough' and a set of Chicane RX (2 fronts, 4 rears). The Chicanes were looking really thin when I was down your way last fall, when I got home, they got replaced with BFG K02s which are wearing really well at 2300 miles (the first pair of rear Chicanes were just about 'done' at that mileage).

I wanted to try the KM3s next, just cuz, but they aren't available in 15" and they aren't DOT (but I can't plate anyway). The reason for that is - LT tires can ride a bit harsh and I wanted to see if the UTV KM3s were softer riding.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Replace at first flat.