P1000m5 So What Do I Need to Fix First?

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Our new ride will be arriving this week. Im having some accessories added to our 1000-5LE
  • Hard roof
  • Warn 4500 winch
  • 2 piece windshield
Im relatively new to UTV-ing. Been on the outside looking in for years.. not any more. Mostly rode ATVs for work back 20+ years ago.. thats been where I have had most of my experience.

I have been reading through all the forums here and a little overwelmed with what users do to their rides and Im trying to create a "must-do", "like-to-do", and "if I got some extra cash - do" priorities.

So I would appreciate some input from you long time riders out there. Im not a mudder, I dont appreciate getting my ass wet in the seat, is the kind of driving I do. I will be driving short runs alone often and will be seeking longer trips with groups.

Anything from basic kit I need onboard to critical mods and fixes/additions I should consider. Do's/don't, etc. And if anyone has a good link to properly learn winching techniques, I would appreciate it. Back in the day a winch was a luxury item my employer would spring for, so it motivated you not to get stuck in the first place (it worked!).

Thanks all in advance
Sandy M

IMG 0941

Reactions: Jshell3
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Back windshield.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
IMO...Roof, good tires and winch are kind of a must. Lights and windshield would be a next to do.
Then there's a whole lotta sh** for these when you have extra cash to spend, just browse the threads.

Reactions: Jshell3
Bubba

Bubba

Lifetime Member
May 5, 2016
Belle Chasse La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, the black fabric back window makes a big difference in the dust in cab! Worth the money.

Tolbert

Tolbert

Apr 22, 2017
Dawson Springs, Kentucky
First aid kit, hatchet, small air compressor, valve stems, slime, tow strap. I believe these are must. You've already mentioned a winch , definitely good for solo rides. Get you some a arm guards.All other accessories are wants more than needs.jmo

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First aid kit, hatchet, small air compressor, valve stems, slime, tow strap. I believe these are must. You've already mentioned a winch , definitely good for solo rides. Get you some a arm guards.All other accessories are wants more than needs.jmo

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Slime? (still learning the jargon)

advertisement