Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wow! That looks like so much fun to a Bama boy.

It seems amazing that it can keep pushing in the deep snow.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
On compact snow and ice in 4wd with an open front diff and they'll spin like a top

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
Yeah I got a couple spins in. There's not a lot of room for that - pretty tight trails and some nasty drop-offs.

We just got another 6 inchs of snow and my tractor broke down blocking the driveway. I dont know alot about diesels but I know the fuel isnt flowing.

We just got our satellite internet back after the white-out so I have a few more things to try after searching for "Air in fuel filter".

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Wow! That looks like so much fun to a Bama boy.

It seems amazing that it can keep pushing in the deep snow.
Yeah I was impressed. And you plow thru that stuff faster than I expected.
When you start to lose control ease off the gas and the snow slows you down enough to get back on track.

I love the a-arm and skid outline it leave behind.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I got a couple spins in. There's not a lot of room for that - pretty tight trails and some nasty drop-offs.

We just got another 6 inchs of snow and my tractor broke down blocking the driveway. I dont know alot about diesels but I know the fuel isnt flowing.

We just got our satellite internet back after the white-out so I have a few more things to try after searching for "Air in fuel filter".
One thing to keep in mind when working a mechanical injection system is think of it like your brakes. If there is air in the fuel sytem the injection pump struggles to achieve the high fuel pressure thats needed to make the popit valves open up. It might help to crack the lines loose at the injectors to bleed the air out.

Reactions: Eltobgi and ghost
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
One thing to keep in mind when working a mechanical injection system is think of it like your brakes. If there is air in the fuel sytem the injection pump struggles to achieve the high fuel pressure thats needed to make the popit valves open up. It might help to crack the lines loose at the injectors to bleed the air out.

Yeah - thanks. I think you're right. The fuel filter was a bit loose so I think some air might have seeped in.
I couldnt get it to bleed out so there may be something else going on. Talk to the dealer tomorrow.

Reactions: popeye
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

The issue with your diesel tractor may be the cold, diesel fuel will start to turn to a gel, it won't pump, gets to thick, when temp gets below 15-20 degree f. if the fuel isn't teated with a anti gel additive. You said you didn’t know much about diesels. Just a thought. If that's the case try t o get it inside to warm up, then start it, the add fuel additive.

Reactions: ghost
advertisement
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Thanks for diesel tips - i appreciate it.

Turns out I have gunk in the fuel tank that was partially blocking the fuel line. Thats why air was being sucked into the fuel filter via the vent line. Bad part is - i figured that out by disconnecting and blowing into the fuel line so now its still in there with a full tank. Maybe I should have sucked. LOL

I've had this Kubota 1o years and other than regular maintenance I only had to replace one hydraulic line, 1 battery and now clean 10 years of gunk out of the fuel tank.