Snow plow carnagr

S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
To reinforce or not to reinforce that is the question... Or at least how much to reinforce...
Uploadfromtaptalk1453676414273

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
your mount doesn't look very robust......or straight, what happened?

S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
It is a cycle country push tube I had laying around. Home built mount. For my p700 and a Polaris blade

S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
your mount doesn't look very robust......or straight, what happened?
I am not sure. I hit something. It is a cycle country manufacturers push tube.. I assume it was for a 4 wheeler since its been laying around since 03

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's something I found with my setup to, there is going to be a weak link. And when you fix that weak link, you will probably find another. I used my fabricated plow for the first time about a month. It worked well for one push, but the second ended up hitting some hard ice. In my haste I didn't have any trip springs installed, but instead had it chained solid. Long story short, the trip springs are a must have. I got it reinforced, just to find the second weak link. The push tube I was using was from a Polaris Glacier III system with a bad design. The angle pivot is designed like a metal shear, so I ended up bending the catch that allows it to pivot. So I had to redesign that, but for a total of $150 even after buying the factory plow mount, I can't complain at all. It looks like you have the ability and persuasion to fix it, if you built the plow mount. Just a little reinforcement and you will be in business. Way better then a $1000 dollar system. I've seen some pics of them bent too. Enjoy.

S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
Yes I have the ability to fab any thing I want. My biggest concern is I don't want the frame of the sxs to be the weak link. So that being said. Do I just straighten it and plate across with some strap so it's stronger than it was. But still the weak link.. Or do I go for it and box it in and find the next weak link.

Last edited:
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know exactly what you are saying. After some of the horror stories of suspension tabs and welds breaking on the 700 I was a little leery myself. But that's what I got it for was to use it and if something on it breaks I will fix it too. I promised myself to be easy on it and take care of it though because I want it to last. (I have a Atv with a plow I can beat up) Specially after my first catastrophe. One reason I bought the factory (warn) plow mount, was it's design to keep the rear mounts of push tube tied together. I figured this would be another weak link, just as you have shown. I don't think it would take much to tie these ends together and would add quite abit of strength. Keep us informed.

advertisement
S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
Yea I am thinking of boxing it in with angle and strap between them to keep the tabs that bent as tough as possible.