P1000 Snorkel? Where is the water getting sucked in?

York0044

York0044

Mar 26, 2015
Where is the water getting sucked in? Under the hood? Just seems like it would be rough for enough water to get sucked in where the intake is located under the hood. If I snorkel do I need to move all the vent lines up and is there a package I can buy that has everything?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's coming off the radiator possibly, but at the very front. If you take the intake cover on the front off you'll see. But for sure in intake. This vehicle has a lot of suction into the motor and anything around that area will be inhaled. It's great you're already looking into this especially with fall/winter coming. The vent lines aren't quite as important in my eyes but are very cheap and easy to raise and gives added protection so probably a good idea. I am running @joeymt33 design it works great for our situation but there are lots of great ideas here on type and placement and all I've seen will help tremendously.

Reactions: joeymt33
amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Highlifter and Triangle ATV both make kits that include everything you'll need. I went with the Triangle ATV because I didn't want mine to come through the cup holder, mine instead comes up in-between the passenger side door and the seat itself.

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Highlifter and Triangle ATV both make kits that include everything you'll need. I went with the Triangle ATV because I didn't want mine to come through the cup holder, mine instead comes up in-between the passenger side door and the seat itself.

Does the snorkel being between the passenger door and seat make getting in and out a problem? Also, does it take up shoulder room?

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the snorkel being between the passenger door and seat make getting in and out a problem? Also, does it take up shoulder room?

Not in my opinion, no. And I am 6'3 with very broad shoulders, wouldn't ever notice its there until you stomp on the throttle and you can hear the engine sucking air, but I think it sounds pretty cool.

tjmichael

tjmichael

Jul 29, 2016
hernando ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is also a snorkel kit on eBay that comes up in between the bed and passenger seat.

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
I used the one off ebay as well and I bought a snorkel guard tip from snorkel your atv.

hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used the one off ebay as well and I bought a snorkel guard tip from snorkel your atv.

What size snorkel guard tip worked for the ebay snorkel? I am getting ready to order one and would like to go ahead and get a tip for it.

advertisement
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the triangle kit connect directly to the air box? Would you happen to have the password to watch the install video on there site

O

oldskoolbuckets

Aug 8, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am also close to buying the one on eBay that runs up between the bed and the passenger seat. How bad is the noise? Can you still run the hard or soft mid panel? Are there any drawbacks?

tjmichael

tjmichael

Jul 29, 2016
hernando ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got finish installing the 1 from eBay. No noise that I can tell. As far as having the panel I don't see why it wouldn't work.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the triangle kit connect directly to the air box? Would you happen to have the password to watch the install video on there site

It goes directly to the rubber connector at the bottom of the airbox on the passenger side behind the seat.

Unfortunately I don't remember the password for the video.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We're coming into the wet season so it's great to see people protecting their investments!

Sent from iPhone

O

oldskoolbuckets

Aug 8, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why doesn't someone just make an intake cover made of that Frogzskin fabric or a UniFilter that covers the box? Seems like that would solve the issue in the simplest way. Nice that the original intake is mostly protected under the hood. Seems like just a single layer of additional protection would be OK for 95% of us that don't plan on water skiing behind our rig.

That said, until something is proven I'll probably be drilling a hole in my hood and running a pipe through it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That would work it's what many popo's run but I think you'd have to have a larger intake hole to cover otherwise you'd be be cleaning it off a lot. Definitely would work if someone needed something fast but might starve the motor for air quickly. Covering the snorkel intake would be better surface area and super easy to clean.

Sent from iPhone

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gotcha that's how I built mine as well.
It goes directly to the rubber connector at the bottom of the airbox on the passenger side behind the seat.

Unfortunately I don't remember the password for the video.