P1000 skid question

B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
anyone run the ricochet hybrid skids? Had the joy of putting a branch thru my side cover....time to make an upgrade
20200907 180423

Reactions: Biteme
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yeah, I learned the hard way, got to add protection
Ohh yeah that stock skid is like a G-string, I thought the OP was that even with the ricochet skid it busted through it. My bad! Definitely get some protection down there man, I did mine and to me I consider it one of the best investments. Good luck

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ohh yeah that stock skid is like a G-string, I thought the OP was that even with the ricochet skid it busted through it. My bad! Definitely get some protection down there man, I did mine and to me I consider it one of the best investments. Good luck
Oh, my bad. Yeah was out there commando. Just wanted to know if anyone thought the hybrid alum/plastic was the way to go

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The UHMW I think is what most people lean towards, they hold up the best I've been told. I made mine out of 1/4" aluminum, going on about 6 months now and its taken a few beatings like a champ. I don't ride much over extreme rocky terrain, mainly mud/rutts/wooded trails and I love it so far.

advertisement
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The UHMW I think is what most people lean towards, they hold up the best I've been told. I made mine out of 1/4" aluminum, going on about 6 months now and its taken a few beatings like a champ. I don't ride much over extreme rocky terrain, mainly mud/rutts/wooded trails and I love it so far.
I did the 1/2” UHMW from trail armor and love it, I’ve bounced it pretty hard a couple times, no problem, it also seems to slide over the mud/ruts real easily, very happy/glad I added it.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Trail armor is the way to go, aluminum wont slide on rocks if you dont have rock go for it
For sure I made mine from 3/8 aluminum because a got a ridiculous deal on it. I did notice that others slid right over ruts that would hang me up. I dont regret my choice because when I bolted the skid to the crossmembers it pulled them straight and cured a high speed decel vibration that I thought was normal. Its piece of mind that in no scenario should I have a hole in the bottom that I didn't cut.