Skid plates?

B

Beastburner

Oct 20, 2013
Missouri
Hello wheeling friends. Getting a P4 soon... Can't wait. How are the underbelly skid plates?? I hope their metal..

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a full metal skid plate under mine on the mainframe, from front diff to rear main frame, the skid plate under the rear diff and hitch is thick plastic.

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
Zonie said:
I posted this link earlier under a discussion on A Arm guards, but reposting here as it's more on point. I haven't picked my 700-4 up yet due to dealer installs, but I don't believe they come w/any skid plate. This is an after market product, who also makes the A Arm guards. Universal Parts, Inc.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-HONDA-PION ... 43c127bec0

Thanks Zonie for posting the info on this ebay seller they also have some good looking A-Arm covers also I just ordered the front and rear set from them, and the total out the door was 170.00 with shipping to Alabama.

I

illuminati

Nov 9, 2013
Zonie said:
I posted this link earlier under a discussion on A Arm guards, but reposting here as it's more on point. I haven't picked my 700-4 up yet due to dealer installs, but I don't believe they come w/any skid plate. This is an after market product, who also makes the A Arm guards. Universal Parts, Inc.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-HONDA-PION ... 43c127bec0

thanks for sharing.. gonna pick one of these up, $289 seems reasonable!

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
I installed my A arm guards today. They did not come with instructions (but you can look at the pictures on ebay and figure it out). The only thing I see wrong is the fact when you turn the front tires all the way to stop the guard hits the calipers. I just bent mine out a little and it seams to work. The guards look good and cover good. Just wanted to give an update in case anybody was on the fence about these. I would recommend them

G

Guard guy

Oct 19, 2013
I did the a arm guards as well, and am impressed. A good buy as well, since I got front and rear for the price of factory fronts only plus 20 bucks, which included shipping.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I like mine also. The only thing I don't like and it will probably be the same with the Hondas is that the rear seems to collect a lot of leaves and mud.

SSSOFFROAD

SSSOFFROAD

Aug 1, 2014
UTAH/ARIZONA
SSS Off Road manufactures 100% UHMW skid plates, more durable and protects better than any metal skid plate.

Attachments

• HONDA 3 SKIDS.jpg
    HONDA 3 SKIDS.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 289
SSSOFFROAD

SSSOFFROAD

Aug 1, 2014
UTAH/ARIZONA
[album][/album]

HONDA 700 100% UHMW SKID PLATE AND FRONT AND REAR ARM GUARDS AVAILABLE.

Attachments

• Honda 700.jpg
    Honda 700.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 172
advertisement