P1000 SILVER

HotRodLincoln

HotRodLincoln

Apr 5, 2016
n.h.
So whats the deal with the silver (Almost black) models? Are they rare, or late build? I don't see many on here. The prices have come down and my dealer has one with good numbers. HAs anyone tried using extra fluffy cushions on them bony back seats? The wife fell in love with the teryx4, but I thought the driver seat height was too high. On the 1000-5, She was very concerned with the nasty rear seating and how miserable our come-along guests might be. Looking for solutions. Thanks.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So whats the deal with the silver (Almost black) models? Are they rare, or late build? I don't see many on here. The prices have come down and my dealer has one with good numbers. HAs anyone tried using extra fluffy cushions on them bony back seats? The wife fell in love with the teryx4, but I thought the driver seat height was too high. On the 1000-5, She was very concerned with the nasty rear seating and how miserable our come-along guests might be. Looking for solutions. Thanks.

I don't know if they are rare so much as they seem to be the highest demand model. At my dealer they had a waiting list on them even though they had plenty of whites. The white seems to be the model with the least demand, according to them anyway.

I don't know about extra cushions. My wife is very small and she prefers to ride in the back even though the cushions are pretty small. She says that it is more comfortable than sitting up front. She said that it isn't as "jarring" as sitting in the passenger seats. I figured it was because she was sitting right over the rear shock.

However, I drive like an old man, so if you are expecting to drive pretty hard, you may need the extra cushions.

You should be able to add them, just remove them before folding down the seats of course.

The problem my wife had in the rear seat was the heat in the passenger rear seat. Your left foot is basically right over the exhaust header at it gets really hot. My wife is cold natured and she was requesting that we take her back because it was getting too hot for her on some low speed trails even with an old towel thrown over the "DO NOT STEP" hump. She made the comment that they left off the rest of the warning "DO NOT STEP, SPACE HEATER" due to size.

I had a male passenger later on in the day in the driver side and he didn't complain about the heat but he did say that the seating position of knees up would probably not be very comfortable on a very long ride.

If you are wanting to ride full sized adults around a bunch, you probably should take them with you on a test drive. They might not want to ride with you. Small/Petite adults or children probably wouldn't mind at all.

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put pads in the back of mine for my kids but they end up not using them....

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On a side note I've seen you post on a few forums, so I know you are shopping hard for a new unit. I sold my T4 as session as I test drove the 1000-5. The t4 is a great machine, but it's extremely loud, even at slow speeds.....so loud you can't talk without screaming. That was a huge turn off for me as my kids are small. The other huge selling feature for me as the full size bed. I normally do not have the wife and/or all the kids a long with me.....so I have a bed I can use....top speed of 50 of the t4 stunk too.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I almost went with camo. Drove 100 miles to see a silver one.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
People on here are doing color changes on here for under $300

Reactions: sharp
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
People on here are doing color changes on here for under $300

The part about it I like the most is the blacked out wheels which I would also need to change as well as the plastics which is more than I want to spend to get it. :)

I can't help but also think if I had waited until today (the due date of the next batch of silver units), I would have gotten a better unit than I did. Mine seems to be infested with some gremlins.