Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Just wanted to share my install of side mirrors with Honda Talon OEM upper doors.

Back in 2021 when I left the RZR world and purchased my Talon I created a list of what I was going to do to the machine based upon my buildout of the RZR. If you have ever had one of those moments where you said to yourself I did this but I wished I had done this. I was able to change what I wasn’t 100% happy with that I added to the rzr to make the Talon in my view perfect. With this I quickly realized with having a glass windshield that seals the entire front when it’s up and having upper doors that I couldn’t simply add side mirrors unless I bought after market upper doors that wouldn’t work with my front glass bracket. But having OEM upper doors and the sealed front windshield was more important so I continued without side mirrors 😞. Last October I had some brackets made, put them on my desk and there they sat for the last 10 months. Since I had a few things I had been putting off I finally addressed the lighter thing yesterday and the side mirrors today!

So here is what it took:

1. Custom brackets that are held in with the upper screw of the upper enclosure.
2. Seizmik Embark mirrors.
3. A tape measure.
4. Needle. 💉
5. Soldering iron.

Here is how the installation went.

Step 1. Installing the brackets went as you can imagine.
Step 2. Then the inportant part. Measuring. Measure, measure. Measuring several times and angles.
Step 3. Pushing the upper tight against the bracket and sticking a needle perfectly through the upper doors in the very center of the bracket hole. (Live on a small farm if you’re wondering about the needle in the pictures.)
Step 4. I heated up my propane soldering iron lining the tip up with the end of the needle pushing against it and burning a hole through the upper doors. You only get two chances to be perfect, one on each side LoL.
Step 5. Push the bolt through the bracket and the uppers and placing the rubber on the outside and screwing mirrors on.
Step 6. Adjust mirrors!

I’ll be testing it out this weekend at Black Mountain. I like vertical mirrors by the way. If you like horizontal get the Seizmik Pursuit or Chupacabra. Feel proud of yourself to follow this book so far. Enjoy the pictures.

IMG 8187 IMG 8181 IMG 8182 IMG 8183 IMG 8184 IMG 8185 IMG 8186 IMG 8188 IMG 8189 IMG 8190 IMG 8191 IMG 8192 IMG 8193 IMG 8194 IMG 8195

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Back in 2021 when I left the FIRE TRAP world and purchased my Talon I created a list of what I was going to do to the machine based upon my buildout of the FIRE TRAP
OK, Too much mentioning of the dark side here. Had to fix it for ya!
Feel proud of yourself to follow this book so far.
You can say that again😂 cant believe I read all that this morning 😳😂
Good write up tho.
I know its in my build, @906UP came up with a similar Idea a while ago. Simple tack weld of flat bar stock of some sort with a hole innit for support when screwing the mirror on. Have had it at least a year now and its robust very sturdy.
on the bracket itself looks like you have the bracket bolted to the main door then to the soft door replacing the OEM mounting point of the soft door, maybe had to grind that “tip” off? I guess that can work.
Here is mine. Id have to dig through my build to find the bracket pics.
IMG 1937

Reactions: TxDoc
Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Thanks for fixing it. I copied and pasted it from another post I made on Facebook. Prob auto correct got it.

No grinding or nothing. Just remove the bolt and place the bracket there and put the bolt back in and your done with the bracket. If this didn’t work I was going to take a metal rectangle and weld it across the corner and drill a hole. But I didn’t want to do all that if this worked. So far so good and no vibration. We’ll be running it through Black Mountain this weekend.

OK, Too much mentioning of the dark side here. Had to fix it for ya!

You can say that again😂 cant believe I read all that this morning 😳😂
Good write up tho.
I know its in my build, @906UP came up with a similar Idea a while ago. Simple tack weld of flat bar stock of some sort with a hole innit for support when screwing the mirror on. Have had it at least a year now and its robust very sturdy.
on the bracket itself looks like you have the bracket bolted to the main door then to the soft door replacing the OEM mounting point of the soft door, maybe had to grind that “tip” off? I guess that can work.
Here is mine. Id have to dig through my build to find the bracket pics.
View attachment 439643

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks for fixing it. I copied and pasted it from another post I made on Facebook. Prob auto correct got it.

No grinding or nothing. Just remove the bolt and place the bracket there and put the bolt back in and your done with the bracket. If this didn’t work I was going to take a metal rectangle and weld it across the corner and drill a hole. But I didn’t want to do all that if this worked. So far so good and no vibration. We’ll be running it through Black Mountain this weekend.
Glad it worked. I assume u made the bracket?
Its a much simpler way than tac welding.
If it holds up, Id consider making theses and selling them. Alot of demand for this, people always asking how to mount mirrors