Werk

May 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2016 pioneer 1000

Started not shifting properly!

put it in drive, reverse, low and will not go into any gear

turn sxs off and on and sometimes it will find the gear then when trying to shift again it won’t do anything

screen that tells you what gear your in has just a line through it blinking and won’t do anything?
Any ideas?

Reactions: TxDoc
H

HondaTech

Count the blinks, 1 long equals 10, 1 short equals 1.

So 5 long 7 short would be 57-1.

That could help define the problem. Has the unit had the clutch cover update done yet?

Also check the battery cables and grounds for tightness.

Werk

Werk

May 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

That could help define the problem. Has the unit had the clutch cover update done yet?

It has never seen the shop or had work done since the day I bought it....

how do I know what the blinks mean?

H

HondaTech

The number of blinks translates to a code in the manual. I can provide that information if you can get the code.

The clutch update is no longer available for free but can still be done by any dealer as a customer pay. Unless Honda is feeling nice and wants to goodwill it.

Reactions: ChadD
Werk

Werk

May 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The number of blinks translates to a code in the manual. I can provide that information if you can get the code.

The clutch update is no longer available for free but can still be done by any dealer as a customer pay. Unless Honda is feeling nice and wants to goodwill it.
Good will 😂😂😂

okay I will try and count blinks tomorrow when it does it..
thank you very much

Reactions: ChadD
Werk

Werk

May 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Good will 😂😂😂

okay I will try and count blinks tomorrow when it does it..
thank you very much

5 slow blinks
7 fast blinks
Does this tell you anything?

Werk

Werk

May 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Think I found the problem

3454EEBC 23D5 42AD B094 AA8015BFD95A

H

HondaTech

57 is code for Gear Shift Mechanism malfunction. Problem exist in the shift motor/reduction gears or the TR sensor.

Judging by the debris in the turf/lock box i'd say water intrusion is a possibility. The service manual has a troubleshooting path to find the exact problem.

If the machine has never had the clutch update, I'd look into having that done as well.

Reactions: Mudwing and ChadD
advertisement
Werk

Werk

May 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
57 is code for Gear Shift Mechanism malfunction. Problem exist in the shift motor/reduction gears or the TR sensor.

Judging by the debris in the turf/lock box i'd say water intrusion is a possibility. The service manual has a troubleshooting path to find the exact problem.

If the machine has never had the clutch update, I'd look into having that done as well.
Any chance you could look in the manual and take pics of the trouble shooting path... Pretty please

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What was the outcome of this repair? I'm having the same exact symptoms and code showing up. Im suspecting its another broken wire from the DCT wire harness. I had a shift motor wire and shift solenoid wire break a while back. But really curious what was the ending repair on this issue was.
@Werk

Werk

Werk

May 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What was the outcome of this repair? I'm having the same exact symptoms and code showing up. Im suspecting its another broken wire from the DCT wire harness. I had a shift motor wire and shift solenoid wire break a while back. But really curious what was the ending repair on this issue was.
@Werk
Wound up being the shift solenoid.
Mine would shift up but when slowing down and it tries to shift down it wouldn’t.... it just put it in limp mode.
They are around $250 and easy to change