P1000 Shifting issue

T

Travin

Dec 14, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Have a 2018 sxs 1000 5. Huge lag when it shifts and it will not relearn the clutches. Have replaced the oil pump and clutch packs. Replaced the pump because oil pressure dropped hard and the rear pump had bad wear. After installing the new parts test drove it and it has a huge lag spot between shifting (engine revs to the moon then shifts)
Have tried to reset the clutches least 30 times so far. Have noticed that then starting the relearn that when I go from park to low it don’t want to indicate low right away and some times have to rock the machine to get it there
Running 10/30 oil and new filters.
Any help you guys may have would be awesome

Reactions: Lady01
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Are you sure the relearn took. I could not get fast enough until my 9th try. You can't read and do it. Too slow. Memorize it and do it in 10 seconds and it will take. I knew I was slow, but they rigged the electronics too damn fast. Your oil pressure sounds like the o-ring got cut. It happens alot when the clutches were changed out by warranty. I had loose connections on the 3 grounds. Once I hand tightened them with a wrench I have had zero issues. These are very electrically sensitive. A full battery and tight grounds fixes alot of gremlins. Good luck.

H

HondaTech

Ever been under water?

Sounds like you have other issues in the clutch system.

Reactions: Lady01

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Are you sure the relearn took. I could not get fast enough until my 9th try. You can't read and do it. Too slow. Memorize it and do it in 10 seconds and it will take. I knew I was slow, but they rigged the electronics too damn fast. Your oil pressure sounds like the o-ring got cut. It happens alot when the clutches were changed out by warranty. I had loose connections on the 3 grounds. Once I hand tightened them with a wrench I have had zero issues. These are very electrically sensitive. A full battery and tight grounds fixes alot of gremlins. Good luck.
X2 everything in this post!

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
T

Travin

Dec 14, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Checked all grounds and got a service manual and went step by step through the whole thing and everything checks out. Even took everything back off and replaced all o-rings and replaced the shift valves and sensors. Only thing I havnt replaced is the linear shift valve and it’s on order now.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB