P500 Sedona Rip saw tires

D

DaveinWV

May 24, 2024
WV
Ownership

1. 520
If there's a good deal tomorrow on Amazon's big sale day I'll order a set of rip Saws for our 520. I'm staying with the stock rims, and I decided 25" will fit my needs after talking to the hunting camp owner. We keep the trails pretty cleared and there's no places to high center. My wife likes going for a ride so asphalt and gravel roads will put the most miles on the tires and plowing snow will be second to that. I've used ITP Terracross tires on my ATVs since 2009. I installed Big Horns on the front of our Grizzly 700 and while they're durable, IMO the Terracross has better overall performance in turns. The Rip Saws look to have more tread on the ground/pavement.
Any experience with Rip Saws is appreciated.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
If there's a good deal tomorrow on Amazon's big sale day I'll order a set of rip Saws for our 520. I'm staying with the stock rims, and I decided 25" will fit my needs after talking to the hunting camp owner. We keep the trails pretty cleared and there's no places to high center. My wife likes going for a ride so asphalt and gravel roads will put the most miles on the tires and plowing snow will be second to that. I've used ITP Terracross tires on my ATVs since 2009. I installed Big Horns on the front of our Grizzly 700 and while they're durable, IMO the Terracross has better overall performance in turns. The Rip Saws look to have more tread on the ground/pavement.
Any experience with Rip Saws is appreciated.
I've never ran them but the consensus says they're a good mud tire and the flat profile makes them good for road running. Consensus also says that they don't do so well in deep snow or sugar sand. A round profile gives you more flotation. Totally depends on your typical riding conditions.

D

DaveinWV

May 24, 2024
WV
Ownership

1. 520
Thank you for your reply. This is the type of information I need. I plow snow but don't ride in it. No deep sand around where I ride.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
I ran RipSaws on my P15 for over 4000 miles with 0 flats and 0 problems. I will say they are heavy and made of a very hard compound, they wear very well. I made 1 trip to Colorado, 3 trips to Arkansas and 3 trips to RRB with no problems.