P500 seat mod for short driver?

B

BigMoose

Oct 20, 2018
Bighorn Mountains of Wyoming
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm looking at SxS for my daughter. She's 13 but probably the size of an avg 10 yr old. She sat in one the other day and to reach the pedals she has to scoot up on the seat leaving a space between her back and the seat. Is there a seat mod or slider that someone makes? Anyone else experience this same issue? thanks!

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Polaris makes a lil RZR for small people .

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
that one looks cools but cant recommend any polaris to someone that doesnt like constantly working on there machines when it broke or overheated on the trail. i think i saw petal extensions on a few sites for the 500 and 700 by searching pioneer mods

Reactions: 500oneer
B

BigMoose

Oct 20, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Those pedal extensions look pretty sweet. Definitely looks like they could help a shorter rider. I may just have to put a pillow between her and the seat. You can see in this video the pedal max’s 10 yr old daughter (about my daughter’s size) driving with the pedal max in a Teryx. She seems to have good control. She too has a gap between her back and the seat. She doesn’t have a seat belt on but when my daughter sat in the pioneer the seat belt didn’t seem to bother her in anyway.

As for the Polaris or smaller ATVs....she had a brand new 50 Polaris ATV and that thing was never reliable compared to our Honda Ranchers and Rincon. Plus in 2 yrs she will have her drivers license. Rather get her on more of an adult UTV.

B

BigMoose

Oct 20, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Those pedal extensions look pretty sweet. Definitely looks like they could help a shorter rider. I may just have to put a pillow between her and the seat. You can see in this video the pedal max’s 10 yr old daughter (about my daughter’s size) driving with the pedal max in a Teryx. She seems to have good control. She too has a gap between her back and the seat. She doesn’t have a seat belt on but when my daughter sat in the pioneer the seat belt didn’t seem to bother her in anyway.

As for the Polaris or smaller ATVs....she had a brand new 50 Polaris ATV and that thing was never reliable compared to our Honda Ranchers and Rincon. Plus in 2 yrs she will have her drivers license. Rather get her on more of an adult UTV.

Forgot to post the video

Reactions: Mudder
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
you can drive at 12 there? cant imagine. there are a ton of kids at 16 that dont have the focus to be able to drive and end up in a wreck the first two years. i hit a few things my self i still thought i was indestructible. my daughter is 12 now and she is very responsible but i dont think she would be any better

Reactions: Mudwing
B

BigMoose

Oct 20, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
you can drive at 12 there? cant imagine. there are a ton of kids at 16 that dont have the focus to be able to drive and end up in a wreck the first two years. i hit a few things my self i still thought i was indestructible. my daughter is 12 now and she is very responsible but i dont think she would be any better

She’s 13 1/2. You can drive at 15. In some places you can get a hardship permit and drive at 14.

R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I also installed that pedal on mine. Works pretty good. Does not really help with a shorter driver a great deal...but does somewhat. It does help with a "smoother" action on the accelerator. When my kids would use it before it was very jerky...now it is a lot smoother taking off and maintaining speed. They just ride around the yard really...but they really have liked it.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
16 here for permit, they changed it now to not being able to drive alone till 17 or 18 if you are driving back and forth to work. i think the only younger drivers would have to be in a farm use truck

Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement