russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
As a result of bulldozing through the scrub oaks and swamps of Taylor County, my SATV windshield is pretty scratched up. I have no complaints with the windshield, it has held up well to the abuse. I searched but didn't find anything on possibly polishing the scratches out. Anyone tried it? @SuperATV

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
As a result of bulldozing through the scrub oaks and swamps of Taylor County, my SATV windshield is pretty scratched up. I have no complaints with the windshield, it has held up well to the abuse. I searched but didn't find anything on possibly polishing the scratches out. Anyone tried it? @SuperATV
I tried it and it destroyed the windshield, don't do it.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With regrets for your situation, I agree with the above. I had a few annoying scratches on a Lexan windshield. Thought it would be easy to polish out with the leftovers of a plastic headlight restoration kit. Don't do it. But if you want to try something, put a small scratch in an obscure corner and then try the fix. Can't hurt, and I'd like to know if someone can find a fix.

advertisement
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Acrylic, which SuperATV windshields are NOT, is relatively easy to polish. Acrylic is in common use for small aircraft windshields and glider canopies etc. Acrylic does not handle impacts well and can shatter into sharp shards, so is not recommended for SXS windshields.

SXS's windshields are often made of either safety glass or polycarbonate (a common trade name is Lexan). Polycarbonate is quite strong and impact resistant, as well as more expensive than acrylic. But the downside of polycarbonate is that scratches cannot be polished out as they can with acrylic.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I can't use the glass one in the summer. I'd be a baked potato.
Get the flip up glass. Also, I bought some mopar product years several years back that they made for the soft top Jeep window. It worked well but I don't know if it will work on your windshield. I don't even know if they still make it but you may check into it.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

advertisement