Texas-Hunter

The Cute One..
Lifetime Member
Oct 28, 2018
Lone Star State
www.smoked-meat.com
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well the wife unit left Saturday for Waco to hang with her friends and go the the David Allan Coe concert last night and she is heading to the lake house today so you just cannot leave me unattended for that long something is going to happen.. So, sitting here thumbing through this months Harbor Freight rag I seen this Lil gem of a coupon.. I was going to install a 3500 lb. but what the heck for 40 bones more I I'll take this.. Now to find the time to get it
IMG 4166
installed.. :cool:

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well the wife unit left Saturday for Waco to hang with her friends and go the the David Allan Coe concert last night and she is heading to the lake house today so you just cannot leave me unattended for that long something is going to happen.. So, sitting here thumbing through this months Harbor Freight rag I seen this Lil gem of a coupon.. I was going to install a 3500 lb. but what the heck for 40 bones more I I'll take this.. Now to find the time to get it View attachment 117205 installed.. :cool:
Good call going bigger. ;)

G3Duck

G3Duck

Jan 29, 2019
Clarksville Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
It's not listed as a match on the packaging but it's hard to argue with success.
At first I didn't buy it also, but a neighbor had it on a small tractor and so the
cordless remote is about all I use now.

Reactions: Mudwing
Tim-1000 XT-R

Tim-1000 XT-R

Nov 2, 2018
Oakdale, MN
Got the same winch on my 700-4D. HIGHLY suggest a second trip to HF and get the wireless remote.
Makes things a LOT easier.

Just bought the same winch and remote yesterday after reading this thread. Can't wait to install it. Any recommendations on a mount for it?
Thanks for any help.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks will order one up.
See if @Hondasxs has a discount available. I also ordered the dash switch from him cause the winch only came with a handlebar switch. It’s pre wired for some plug and play action. ;)

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks will order one up.

It doesn't say whether it will fit a 2018 SXS700M2D. Does anyone know if it will fit for sure?
I would say it will fit. There was really no change between ‘17 and ‘18.

advertisement
L

LCK_Boater

Nov 7, 2018
Lebanon, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hmm I don't see that coupon in the online ones. Gonna have to swing by the store and see if the in-store ad has it.

L

LCK_Boater

Nov 7, 2018
Lebanon, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
Got the mount from here last week and picked up the winch last night with a 20% off coupon and added the replacement warranty. hopefully I can get them mounted this weekend

L

LCK_Boater

Nov 7, 2018
Lebanon, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks like Harbor Freight is running a bunch of coupons on off road stuff through the end of the month. I got an email that has a coupon for the winch for $139 in it, the wireless remote for $29, and other things like jacks, light bars, synthetic winch ropes, etc. If anyone needs me to forward the email to them just DM me.

L

LCK_Boater

Nov 7, 2018
Lebanon, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
Installed my winch yesterday. Had a few challenges but it is all done and works. The viper winch mount plate is where most of my problems were.
  1. The fairlead roller that came with the winch did not match up with mounting holes in the plate and I had to drill them out. They were about 1/8" off from lining up.
  2. When the winch was mounted to the plate the top power post on it wouldn't clear the bumper mounting point. I had to space it out by using the mounting plate that came with the winch as a spacer.
  3. The power cables that came with the winch are just barely long enough if you mount everything in the perfect spot. I tried to find some longer ones but would have had to make them myself as AutoZone, tractor supply and another place only had premade cables for cars.
  4. I had to basically bolt everything together lose to get a lot of the bolts back in as they were all off from lining up between the plate, bumper and where the bumper mounted.

Reactions: Glock21user