P1000 SATV frame stiffener?

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is this really a needed item when going to larger tires? Also does SATV have a forum discount? This wasn’t available to order during the last 2 sales but now is available for a pre order.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Is this really a needed item when going to larger tires? Also does SATV have a forum discount? This wasn’t available to order during the last 2 sales but now is available for a pre order.
No it's not necessary, but not a bad idea. Send a PM to @SuperATV and he will give you the current discount code.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Also does SATV have a forum discount?
Giphy

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
After 2017, a couple of the mounting holes on the frame got a little wonky. Seems to work fine in some...and not others. Can't remember exactly which bolt holes it was...but the were off just enough in most of those that it wasn't going to work without redrilling our mounting holes. We're supposed to have a complete update covering all of them soon, but I don't have a date yet. You could probably make it work just fine, but you may have to redrill the holes on the current model.
@tdhanses did you have to redrill yours?

advertisement
D

DDDonkey

I know that the holes on the bottom of the plate did not line up with mine and had to re-drill them but everything else lined up fine. I don't run the bolts on the bottom anymore they just get caught on things, I only run the bots on the sides with no issues in 3k miles.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After 2017, a couple of the mounting holes on the frame got a little wonky. Seems to work fine in some...and not others. Can't remember exactly which bolt holes it was...but the were off just enough in most of those that it wasn't going to work without redrilling our mounting holes. We're supposed to have a complete update covering all of them soon, but I don't have a date yet. You could probably make it work just fine, but you may have to redrill the holes on the current model.
@tdhanses did you have to redrill yours?
Nope didn’t have to redrill, just make sure everything is loose and get all bolts started then slowly rotate tightening, no issue with mine.

DDF6354F 121C 45EA A03E 028B9360B1B7

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Hell yeah! They must have had a few different frame runs/jigs, because its been hit and miss from what I've noticed. Popo did the same thing with the RZR 900 and the General. 2 different jigs from 2 different plants that were far enough off to require completely different arms for both....less than 1/4" off.
Thanks for the pic @tdhanses
And thanks for the update @DDDonkey . Good to know!

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hell yeah! They must have had a few different frame runs/jigs, because its been hit and miss from what I've noticed. Popo did the same thing with the RZR 900 and the General. 2 different jigs from 2 different plants that were far enough off to require completely different arms for both....less than 1/4" off.
I will say it was super close to needing to modify and had I tightened any of the bolts up then went to thread the others it wouldn’t work from what I remember but if all were loose then I could thread all and slowly it worked it’s way into place.

Elvis8310

Elvis8310

Jan 2, 2021
Edmond, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So is there a discount code for members of this site?