P1000 SATV flip up windshield problem

MuskyHunter

MuskyHunter

Sep 2, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can’t get my windshield to seal against the gasket. I’ve looked at the instructions and watched their install video and as far as I can tell it’s installed correctly. However when closed and latched it doesn’t touch at the ends and vibrates/rattles against the seal. Wanted to see if anyone else noticed this or if maybe I’ve overlooked something during the install to cause it.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I can’t get my windshield to seal against the gasket. I’ve looked at the instructions and watched their install video and as far as I can tell it’s installed correctly. However when closed and latched it doesn’t touch at the ends and vibrates/rattles against the seal. Wanted to see if anyone else noticed this or if maybe I’ve overlooked something during the install to cause it.
There's another thread here discussing the same issue, I can't remember the out come? Mine went on without issue, I installed the windshield loosely, when I got every thing lined up, I tightened all the fasteners?

Reactions: CMB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I had the same problem. I just had to keep tinkering with it until I got it right. Good luck.

Reactions: CMB
MuskyHunter

MuskyHunter

Sep 2, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found the issue. My top part is curved enough that the window is touching the middle mounting bracket before the bottom makes contact with the seal. I’m going to reach out to them tomorrow and see what they say about it.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i had the same issue.

i shimmed my lower windshield out with some washers and that tightened it up

Reactions: MuskyHunter