P1000 SATV A-Arm Install

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, I know I have read a post in here somewhere that has the initial front A arm adjustment setting to set the camber properly. Bust I can't find it now. Can anyone share what would be a good starting point to set the adjustable arms to?

Thanks, just ordered the arched arms and new ball joints and going to try and get them installed this week or next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Here is what several of us have went with and it seems to be pretty close. Courtesy of @Windrock1000
Ec4b2c66f41a63b08deeace5c9e3c1eb

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine came "pre set". Honestly have not touched them. Seems fine, but i dont ride pavement either.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got the arms yesterday and didn't have a chance to unbox them. Hopefully the install goes easily.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am going to install the OEM lowers, my delima is the upper. Do I remove the SATV one and install the Honda or just run upper SATV ball joints? My plan is to work on it tomorrow once I get my daughter's bike put together.

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a good video on YouTube about adjusting the camber with the superatv arms. Just search “pioneer 1000 a-arms”. It’s by Appalachian mountain riders or something like that.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine didn't come installed. I had to press them in myself. After reading problem on the forum, I only did one side to check fit before I went to far. Even the press fit seemed really tight when I pressed the ball joint in.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I hope Super ATV is listening and fixes the problem fast. It seems that everyone (not just a few) is having the problem.
Finally got it all installed today, what a pain in the butt. I had to press out the SATV lower ball joint so I could press in a Honda OEM. I ended up leaving the SATV Ball joint in the top arm on the right hand side. I had only installed the right side ball joints to check fit before I got too far.

I then tired to press a OEM upper ball joint into the left side and ended up messing up the rubber boot. I was using a socket because I didn't have the right size collar. So I ended up pressing the SATV Ball joint into the both upper Arms. It much easier since the rubber boot was removable.

I took a couple of pictures and measurements of the Honda OEM lower ball joint compared to the SATV Heavy Duty lower ball joint. I got roughly a 9mm difference in length.

I am still waiting to hear back from there quality Engineer to understand why there is such a difference. The top ball joints are almost the same.7eda6450cfd53f2c2c8699c79fe65168

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One other not I sure hope the SATV arched arms hold up better than the stock Honda. I bent the left side bottom arm in the first 8 miles of trial riding. I had almost 1300 miles on my Teryx and never broke or bent a single b part on the same trials. Excluding the plastics.396651e402358cbd22dc1d6bfbf805b5

advertisement
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The SATV arms are tough. The OEM single front upper bolt setup kinda sucks. The SATV ball joints are more of a universal setup but they do work. You will probably need some washers under the nut so the nut doesn't bottom out on the taper.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I'll wait to see what Pilotadam finds out when he talks to the SuperATV engineer. Or maybe they will at some point return my e-mails. As far as it being a universal fit and having to add washers, I don't feel for the money we have spent on these things that thats an acceptable answer.

So far they haven’t responded to any emails I have sent or questions asked via social media. I’ve called and “sales” and “technical support” don’t have the answers to the questions. I have asked if they had any issues with the upper bolts and frame tabs, why the zerks were even there if they were not able to get grease to the bolt? ...and several other questions and pretty much silence for a response.
I hope y’all have better success than I have. Everyone I have ridden with that has the SATV Front arms has issues with the upper frame mounts there’s no exceptions to that.

This is JUST the play caused by wear to the bolt and hole on the upper mount.

Reactions: TripleB
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is causing the bolt hole to wear out like that? Is there something proactive I can do to prevent the hole from wearing?

When I installed the lower ball joint I got a large gap between the bottom of the knuckle and the rubber boot. Even with a washer. I didn't like the look plus I couldn't get the couter pin to reinstall. Hence the reason I went back to the OEM lower ball joints.Fb7e447e258bcfeed9164e9a07d6a7fd

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
WOW!!!!!!!!! I wish I had done more research before I spent any money with this company. I don't understand how they can stay in business with the products they are putting out. And why are we, on this site still supporting them? I feel we should start a buyer beware thread and discourage anyone from spending another dime with them until we get answers. I've spent $1068 with them for what? I'm not sure where I stand on returning what I've purchased, but I really don't want any of their stuff on my ride. Let's all speak up and get something done so we don't have other members fall into this trap. You mention that everyone, not some but everyone, has issues with the upper arms. I think thats enough to stop all purchases with them......JMO...... SAD,SAD,SAD:mad:.

one problem with a product doesn’t make all of their products bad. Can’t speak for their ball joints I used factory ball joints. Honda has problems too but they address them at their expense, that is my expectation from any manufacturer, that is how I treat my customers at work. SATV does need to address the upper mount problem at THEIR expense, not mine. Although I am going to address it soon at my expense because it is a weak point to me and it needs to be addressed.

They also need to address their customer communication they aren’t very good about that.

That said the SATV warranty is great I can’t say a bad thing about that and I’ve heard good things about it from others.

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And I don’t speak for the site outside of removing spam, inappropriate posts by @JTW, and putting out and cleaning up after the rare dumpster fire.
The members here are pretty good folks and self police for the most part I really don’t have to do much.

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
J

JTW

And I don’t speak for the site outside of removing spam, inappropriate posts by @JTW, and putting out and cleaning up after the rare dumpster fire.
The members here are pretty good folks and self police for the most part I really don’t have to do much.
Did I miss something?

Reactions: Mudwing
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
If the taper on the SATV ball joint is the same dimensionally as the stock one, thread length is pretty much irrelevant, because when seated if there are a few extra threads, they will just protrude a few more millimeters farther than stock.

Reactions: farmtimpioneer
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
one problem with a product doesn’t make all of their products bad. Can’t speak for their ball joints I used factory ball joints. Honda has problems too but they address them at their expense, that is my expectation from any manufacturer, that is how I treat my customers at work. SATV does need to address the upper mount problem at THEIR expense, not mine. Although I am going to address it soon at my expense because it is a weak point to me and it needs to be addressed.

They also need to address their customer communication they aren’t very good about that.

That said the SATV warranty is great I can’t say a bad thing about that and I’ve heard good things about it from others.
I just wonder, I have not studied it to really know yet but wonder if You could modify top arm to basically copy the bottom arm to have two bushing two bolt area, you would have to cut / machine A-Arm center out and fab some gussets and bushings and add another ear gusset to frame, what do You think about this??????

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just wonder, I have not studied it to really know yet but wonder if You could modify top arm to basically copy the bottom arm to have two bushing two bolt area, you would have to cut / machine A-Arm center out and fab some gussets and bushings and add another ear gusset to frame, what do You think about this??????

try it first and let me know how it works :D

Reactions: farmtimpioneer
advertisement