Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
our doors didn't sag off the bat but after about 700 miles bouncing around this winter with upper doors added they started getting bad. Unacceptable! Especially for a Honda. What we did is pull the doors off Remove hinge from door which only requires the c-clip at the bottom pulled off(put piece of masking tape around it because it comes off quickly and pull it with small regular screw driver)there is a plastic plug used in the front of the door where the door hinge rotates on, pull that out take expanding foam(not high expanding as it could stretch out the plastic just use regular door/window) fill the area of the hinge really well deep inside the door throughout that whole area. Replace the the plug making sure you replaced it from the bottom don't concern yourself if a little foam gets into the hinge hole it pops out easily when dry)and tape-into that position leave over night (place "repaired"area facing down as to my lt it fall inside the door to the handle area) but make sure you wipe off any residual that comes out of the cracks with solvent for about the next hour or so. Take upper hinge and elongate the holes with a burr in a die grinder or drill by a little over an 1/8 inch small adjustment here goes far and take a slightly larger drill bit on the lower hinge holes. This will allow upper and forward movement in the doors. Make sure and touch up bare areas with paint. Install the hinges onto the door and your door to the body but add a small washer to the 10mm bolts in top of the hinge to make up for adjustments. Adjust keeping in mind the rear striker on the body will have to be raised a little bit. Door doesn't have to be slammed anymore. If shuts with the upper door added better then factory did by itself. Will promote added life and less frustration. Doors shut like a Japanese car like they should. Done. The doors are drastically stiffer and will stay that way! I also filled up rear gate it's solid now.

Last edited:
M

Madore128

Mar 28, 2016
Ma
I was thinking of filling doors an rear tail gate also. But will it soak in water?

Reactions: BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was thinking of filling doors an rear tail gate also. But will it soak in water?
No it gets a waterproof skin on the edges the gate is a little more of a pain as you have to drill holes in the bottom to do it but it's sure more solid!

Reactions: Plumber32
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5