P1000 S-POD

evildoctor

evildoctor

May 2, 2016
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Seen a few options out there as far as switches goes to add led light bars and other accessories but not sure the brand of switch panels being used but have anyone heard of "S-Pod"? They are huge in the "Jeep" world. It is a super easy system to hook up all your accessories to. I was just curious if it will work with my P1000eps? Thanks in advance for any input and help.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just looked that up and yes some of it would work seems pricey though. Look around at some of the different peoples builds on here first and see if you couldn't get the same or better results for less coin. There are some fairly cheap start units like the bussman waterproof relay box and others and nice switch panels can be ordered custom to your liking from a member here if that's easier. Then it would fairly plug and play. You can look under my build or many people on here have nice setups that work great for multiple applications depending on how mild or wild you decide to go. Check it out before you spend coin then decide. But either way post what you're doing it's always fun to read different designs. And yes a lot of the jeep stuff crosses over a bit. I've got a few things jeep including overhead sound bars that work excellent. Take your time.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Just took a look at this.
It is not waterproof so unless you are installing it in a closed cabin on a rig that will never get hosed down I would pass.
But, a waterproof unit would have potential.
I really like the touch screen and Bluetooth.

Reactions: evildoctor
evildoctor

evildoctor

May 2, 2016
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just looked that up and yes some of it would work seems pricey though. Look around at some of the different peoples builds on here first and see if you couldn't get the same or better results for less coin. There are some fairly cheap start units like the bussman waterproof relay box and others and nice switch panels can be ordered custom to your liking from a member here if that's easier. Then it would fairly plug and play. You can look under my build or many people on here have nice setups that work great for multiple applications depending on how mild or wild you decide to go. Check it out before you spend coin then decide. But either way post what you're doing it's always fun to read different designs. And yes a lot of the jeep stuff crosses over a bit. I've got a few things jeep including overhead sound bars that work excellent. Take your time.

Thanks for the info., would you mind posting a few links where I can find these alternatives? Thanks

evildoctor

evildoctor

May 2, 2016
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just took a look at this.
It is not waterproof so unless you are installing it in a closed cabin on a rig that will never get hosed down I would pass.
But, a waterproof unit would have potential.
I really like the touch screen and Bluetooth.

Yeah, I didn't realize they may not be waterproof cause I have it installed in our Wrangler. Love how simple it hooks up to all the accessories.

evildoctor

evildoctor

May 2, 2016
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It is HUGE not sure where you'd mount it on a pioneer.
Honestly the unit itself isn't all that big and should fit under the hood somewhere, given there seems to be more space than the 700-4 I traded in. I just wanted to know my options. If someone can please post a few links where I can go and check out, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The first is a link to my build thread and the second is a link to my garage for PioneerPete. Each one has a description of all the mods with pics of the electrical. Towards the end of the build thread, there are links to most of the electrical items that I added. If you look in the Forums tab and then go to P1000 Build Threads you can see many others. Jackal and TravelerII both have good descriptions.

P1000 - The Making of Pete

http://hondasxs.com/showcase/the-making-of-pete.37/

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honestly the unit itself isn't all that big and should fit under the hood somewhere, given there seems to be more space than the 700-4 I traded in. I just wanted to know my options. If someone can please post a few links where I can go and check out, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Maybe they've updated and shrunk it down, the one I looked at when I built my 700 was so large there was no where remotely large enough to put it.

There are much smaller options for PDMs, say the size of a deck of cards.

Reactions: evildoctor
advertisement
evildoctor

evildoctor

May 2, 2016
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The first is a link to my build thread and the second is a link to my garage for PioneerPete. Each one has a description of all the mods with pics of the electrical. Towards the end of the build thread, there are links to most of the electrical items that I added. If you look in the Forums tab and then go to P1000 Build Threads you can see many others. Jackal and TravelerII both have good descriptions.

P1000 - The Making of Pete

http://hondasxs.com/showcase/the-making-of-pete.37/
Thanks

Reactions: PioneerPete