P1000 Running wire through ROPS?

I

iloehr99

Feb 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
Was about to mount some speakers up top and thought about running the wires through the roll cage.

Has anyone done this yet? I've done lots of searching and can't find anyone that has. I could run them on the outside but really don't want them exposed.

Calvin

Calvin

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2015
Benton, La.
Was about to mount some speakers up top and thought about running the wires through the roll cage.

Has anyone done this yet? I've done lots of searching and can't find anyone that has. I could run them on the outside but really don't want them exposed.

I planned on doing mine like this. This is on a commander but on pioneer u would just have to start it above where the rops bolts together. That's how a buddy of mine did his.

Reactions: Tot
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I
I planned on doing mine like this. This is on a commander but on pioneer u would just have to start it above where the rops bolts together. That's how a buddy of mine did his.

View attachment 12041
I did this on my commander also. I just drilled small them kept using a step up bit to get where I needed. I did it with rops off wasn't to bad except getting them back on. Was a huge pita getting bolts to align back up but I was happy with outcome. I haven't mounted speakers yet but when I do I will do the same thing on this also.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran several wires up my ROPS (interior light, back lights, stereo, etc). I used a 5/8" split loom wire protector to keep it somewhat clean looking. I'll share some pics soon.

I

iloehr99

Feb 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
Well I started taking the front upper section of the roll cage and found out each section is welded closed. I kinda figured it would be. I wasn't going to drill a hole through each end, which would be multiple holes. I just ran it up the middle upright in some 1/2" plastic convoluted tubing.

Pioneer1000 wiring upright

Reactions: Up2It
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I started taking the front upper section of the roll cage and found out each section is welded closed. I kinda figured it would be. I wasn't going to drill a hole through each end, which would be multiple holes. I just ran it up the middle upright in some 1/2" plastic convoluted tubing.

View attachment 12210
I did the same thing.

P1k5d_rg

P1k5d_rg

Mar 22, 2016
West, Tx
I ran the light wires to the back of the machine and through the crimped end of the roll cage tubing behind the bed, drilled a hole hidden in the seat belt bracket and ran the other wires to the open end in the middle of the machine.

I

iloehr99

Feb 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
Off the topic on this picture but noticed that you had the side panels off the Box. Do you run like this ? If so what did you do with the tailights. Thinking of doing that and making more of a flat deck for different applications.

I've just got the bed in the dump position and the door opened. I didn't take any of the side panels off.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The back ROPS is very easy to run through I've done that on both rigs, the front is a little harder because of the lower mount on the a-pillar

C

Chooglin

After you drill the entrance and exit holes in the rops, use a piece of string and some compressed air and blow the string through the rops and out the exit hole !

Tie wires to the string and pull through rops !

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've always used a stiffer wire but that's a great idea @Chooglin ! Damn good thinking!!

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: Chooglin
batter-up

batter-up

Jun 4, 2017
Crescent Bar Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can also use a vacuum cleaner or shop vac and suck the string into the entrance hole while sucking on the exit end. The string will come right out that way and you won't need to grab it with a wire or hook.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohanacreek