GROR

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 15, 2021
Castle Dale, Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not trying to plug a product, but if you have worked on your pioneer, you probably have rounded a few hex bolts. I don't know what Honda torques them with, but half the hex bolts on my Pioneer are over-torqued, and now a few are rounded. I saw the Gripedge hex bit socket set on a SEMA new tool YouTube video and gave it a try. Wow, it works on rounded hex bolts like a champ, and I was able to remove three rounded hex bolts that I was dreading drilling out and changing.

Anyway, I thought I'd share.

RPT Hex Bit Sockets
GRIPEDGE

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not trying to plug a product, but if you have worked on your pioneer, you probably have rounded a few hex bolts. I don't know what Honda torques them with, but half the hex bolts on my Pioneer are over-torqued, and now a few are rounded. I saw the Gripedge hex bit socket set on a SEMA new tool YouTube video and gave it a try. Wow, it works on rounded hex bolts like a champ, and I was able to remove three rounded hex bolts that I was dreading drilling out and changing.

RPT Hex Bit Sockets
GRIPEDGE
Thanks for sharing!

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have encountered the same problem with hex allen head fasteners on my Honda. I had good luck with this set. Its relatively inexpensive and quite effective

Screenshot 20240128 195743 Amazon Shopping

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

RPT Hex Bit Sockets
GRIPEDGE

At $100 for 7, or $389 for a full set these things better be bad ass. lol

Reactions: Jerryg and Coeus
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This design was licensed to Mac Tools for a 1 year exclusivity run.
They now sell this themselves, I am not aware what or if any warranty is offered on broken components.
Stanley B&D has also taken some of this technology and added it to some wrenches.
Many variants are available from Mac Tools, USAG, Craftsman etc.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those things are sweet