S

Scamih

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I posted some pictures on another post and a few guys have asked about these. I hit the trails today. I used to have stock shocks, I upgraded to Rough Country M1 and I was happy with those. I recently upgraded the front to Vertex and they are a much softer ride, I’ve been running on 5 out of 13 so on the soft side. I noticed they were much softer hitting bumps and ruts. Today I went to a spot that I usually bottom out the Front with M1s. I hit it at the normal speed that I usually bottom out at and it didn’t. I hit it about 10 mph faster that than I normally hit it and it didn’t bottom out. Overall I’m real happy with them. Going to come in real handy when I’m going up and down at Tacket Creek to see the old house and overlook. That’s the spot where I noticed that the M1s were a lot better than stock. I am going to leave the rear as M1s. My recommendation if you are running stock shocks and you are budget minded. Go with Rough Country m1 on the rear and vertex on the front. Vertex are worth the extra money.
IMG 6690
IMG 6677

S

Scamih

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A neighbor and a guy I work with is close to landing a new pioneer with Fox shocks so I’ll be able to do a good sxs. FYI, to ship 2 M1 shocks from Illinois to Tennessee is 27$ ups. 48$usps.

S

Scamih

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I actually figured out that he’s getting the 3 seater and the trail is the only version that comes with fox shocks. I steered him that direction. For the money I think the winch and shocks are worth it.

advertisement
S

Scamih

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I still haven’t compared to Fox but I’ve used my machine a lot over the the last month and I’m still real happy with the vertex shocks. Last night while checking trail cams I hit a big hole going around the edge of field that I couldn’t see because of the grass and the front with vertex took it pretty smooth the rear with RC M1 I could tell it almost bottomed out. I’ve ridden the trails a lot and they do great there. I like them. I still think for a budget upgrade 599 for vertex front and 350 for M1 rear is the way to go. Definitely spend the extra for the vertex on the front. They keep you from bottoming out where the M1 didn’t in extremes like Tackett creek rock climb to the old house or hitting a rut in a field driving fast. I’m still running them on a setting 5 out of 13. If you want better shocks on front and back and are going to spend 1200 on vertex all of the way around I would save my money and pay 1600 for fox. I’m still planning to compare to a set of fox just haven’t got it done yet.