Talon RotoPaks

D

dankathyc

Has anyone looked into mounting RotoPaks on these? Disappointed that the fuel tank is the same size as our 800 rzr. 100 + mile rides are pretty common. Need to carry more fuel. Wished the tank would have been at least 10 gallons.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone looked into mounting RotoPaks on these? Disappointed that the fuel tank is the same size as our 800 rzr. 100 + mile rides are pretty common. Need to carry more fuel. Wished the tank would have been at least 10 gallons.

Did you actually ride it or are you assuming that the tank is too small? It's pretty easy to get 20-25mpg in a Pioneer, I'd expect the lighter talon with a taller gear ratio to perform very much the same.

Reactions: JTW, lee and sharp
D

dankathyc

i am assuming that a 100 mile range is in the ball park and it is common for us to exceed that. have never been around the pioneers, but 25mpg with some low range trails involved sounds pretty good. does anyone have some knowledge of the talons range yet? i was trying to envision how my rotopacks could be mounted on the talon

Reactions: sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i am assuming that a 100 mile range is in the ball park and it is common for us to exceed that. have never been around the pioneers, but 25mpg with some low range trails involved sounds pretty good. does anyone have some knowledge of the talons range yet? i was trying to envision how my rotopacks could be mounted on the talon

Just have to see when someone gets some trail time.

There are several folks that make mounts.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
I thought one of the reviews I watched said they put over 120 miles without refueling. Don't take it as gospel, but I thought it was in one of the Sand Hollow videos.

Reactions: sharp
Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
i'll have some trail/woods time this weekend and will be able to tell how it does, i am also looking at the rotopacks, my commander would go 150+ ona tank easy, and often, hope this R does as good.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
i'll have some trail/woods time this weekend and will be able to tell how it does, i am also looking at the rotopacks, my commander would go 150+ ona tank easy, and often, hope this R does as good.
There are a bunch of people here who are waiting to hear how it does.

Reactions: Mopower58
H

HondaTech

Theres plenty of cage to mount a rotopak to. Maybe on the downtube going into the bed?

D

dankathyc

Theres plenty of cage to mount a rotopak to. Maybe on the downtube going into the bed?
thats where i was looking - in the pictures it looks like the out side of those tubes would work well. ideally, it will comfortably run 140-150 miles without fueling and then we wont worry about it.

advertisement
RideRed85

RideRed85

Jan 23, 2019
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
The good thing about RotoPax is the versatility. You could mount one about anywhere on a SXS. I'm coming from a Rzr 800 S and am used to carrying extra fuel. It was a glutton for gasoline. It's also nice to have some extra fuel with you in case you come across someone else who has run out.

T

The-Bearded-One

Mar 23, 2019
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon R
Having a hard time finding a good Rotopax mount for the 2 inch roll bar. Anybody else have better luck with this?

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
keep in mind that if you mount the rotopax outside the cage and roll on side, it could be an issue. Inside the cage or across back "should be safer". I was in accident a couple years back with the "bracket only" on outside and it ground 1/8" off bracket (lucky testing mount with tank on rear). No problem.

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
On the fuel mileage side my X has been in the 16.7 - 17.4 mpg range on each fill up.
I was hoping for the 20 mpg range, but don't look like it will ever happen....DRK

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I got 105 miles on my first tank and still had over a bar of fuel when I filled up.

I did 140 miles at Brimstone and used 9-10 gallons total.

Reactions: Ragnar406
K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
This works great for extra beer and 4.5 gallons of fuel, and still room for the dog!
AF9CBA4A AAFF 433D 85F0 B42C5089EA6A
FC3FFC6F 4745 46AF A93D AB7045E46EDD

advertisement