Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have been considering a roof/cage chop for quite a while. I have a P1000-3 so it will only be the A & B pillars.My thoughts are to leave the headrest bar/ROPS brace in tact. I am 6 feet tall so my plans are to cut the B pillar down to the brace and cut the A pillar toward the bottom of it. Is there a specific formula or is it a trial and error event to cut. I know the rear should be cut more than the front due to the difference in angles. What I have come up with is 4 inches rear and 3 1/4 inches in the front.Is this close or am I way off? Thanks in advance.

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
I have been considering a roof/cage chop for quite a while. I have a P1000-3 so it will only be the A & B pillars.My thoughts are to leave the headrest bar/ROPS brace in tact. I am 6 feet tall so my plans are to cut the B pillar down to the brace and cut the A pillar toward the bottom of it. Is there a specific formula or is it a trial and error event to cut. I know the rear should be cut more than the front due to the difference in angles. What I have come up with is 4 inches rear and 3 1/4 inches in the front.Is this close or am I way off? Thanks in advance.
Shortly after I bought mine I back flipped it. The front bar wasnt too far from my forehead after that. When I rebuilt the cage I dropped it maybe 2 inches but not as much as I wanted to originally mainly cause of the belly flop lol. Just b careful how much u cut out cause it's designed to protect ya

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well I really don't ride that aggressively and it will be sleeved and welded by professionals. I rode my Rhino ten years and never even had it on its side. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Yankee
Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
Well I really don't ride that aggressively and it will be sleeved and welded by professionals. I rode my Rhino ten years and never even had it on its side. Thanks for the info.
I know joeymt and Delton have done quite a bit of work on their cages. They maybe able to tell ya a lil more info bout what they have done

Reactions: Mopower58
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hopefully cuminspunisher will chime in too.
He's been known to do a few mods to his rigs.

Reactions: Mopower58