P500 Roll Cage Fix or Replacement

R

rheaslip

Sep 18, 2020
Canada
Like to get some advice on roll cages. And if there is already a thread on this topic, sorry, I couldn’t find it.
My kids rolled my 2020 Pioneer 500 and so far, the only issues appears to be a bent roll cage and some scratches and scuffs.
I would like to replace parts and put it back to new. I assume trying to bend it back will never look right and I wonder about the overall strength of the cage at that point.
What is the best way to confirm part #’s and should I go thru Honda or is there a recommended site for OEM parts? (Keeping in mind I am in Canada, my choices might be less). I found parts schematic for a 2016 (assume all years are same?)

Lots to discuss here. Guess I am wondering if anyone has been thru this project before and have any advice.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

rheaslip

Sep 18, 2020
Canada
Thanks [mention]Peter_72 [/mention] . I will check the site out and thanks for the link!

Reactions: Peter_72
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Like to get some advice on roll cages. And if there is already a thread on this topic, sorry, I couldn’t find it.
My kids rolled my 2020 Pioneer 500 and so far, the only issues appears to be a bent roll cage and some scratches and scuffs.
I would like to replace parts and put it back to new. I assume trying to bend it back will never look right and I wonder about the overall strength of the cage at that point.
What is the best way to confirm part #’s and should I go thru Honda or is there a recommended site for OEM parts? (Keeping in mind I am in Canada, my choices might be less). I found parts schematic for a 2016 (assume all years are same?)

Lots to discuss here. Guess I am wondering if anyone has been thru this project before and have any advice.
Thanks

You definitely should never straighten a bent cage. Replace…👍

Reactions: rheaslip
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
OP, if your P500 is insured your policy should cover it.

Reactions: Backwoods
R

rheaslip

Sep 18, 2020
Canada
Ordered the cage on partzilla. $850 USD, shipped. Not sure what my deductible is but for that, I will just eat the $ and make it a bonding event with my kids to do the roll cage swap. Thanks for the feedback and recommendations.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I assume no one was injured and that is the most important thing!!! I do hope during the installation you and the kids are able to talk about the rollover constructively.