P1000 Rocker switches

B

BillChestnutt

Oct 11, 2018
East Valley Arizona’s
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where do I get good quality rocker switches for my accessory panel? The male spade on the back of the ones I have pulled out of the switch when I tried to remove the wire that was connected.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where do I get good quality rocker switches for my accessory panel? The male spade on the back of the ones I have pulled out of the switch when I tried to remove the wire that was connected.
Good question. First, it may be possible to "fix" your switch. Use a pair of needle nose or suitable pliers to grab the tab that came out of the switch and then remove the female spade ("Faston" terminal connector). Look at the end of the terminal that would go into the switch first. If there's no torn metal, you can probably push it straight back into the switch, using a needle nose pliers, and get it to work properly. If not, proceed:

Look at the sxs store and see if they have what you need. If not, head to Amazon or other on-line store. Note that many of the On-Off switches will have additional terminals for the built in LED lights. A switch with 5 terminals will have two LEDs, one that is typically on either all the time of when the headlights are on - this would be the one that helps locate the switch in poor lighting. The other LED indicates if the switch is On or Off.

Most all of these switches are made in China. Quality varies from one brand to another and from one sample to another.

If you have a broken switch, it is often doable to remove the rocker cover and put it on a new switch body.

Reactions: Lady01
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought a couple new ones to replace crappy ones that came with lights. You can feel the quality of these switches