Road Test : 2014 Honda Pioneer - Driving.ca

admin

admin

Your club! I just turn it on!
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2013
....... I had little context to fall back on when Honda invited me to take a little toodle on its new-for-2014 Pioneer. Work-a-day ATVs are hardly my cup o’ tea; I could only imagine a larger, slower version would be like watching paint dry. That the mercury just so happened to register about minus five the day I was to go Pioneering just lowered my expectations that much more. Give me the fully-covered version (Pioneers, both the two-seater and four-seater options offer a quasi cabin with hard plastic sides and a glass windshield) with heater and I’ll give you 30 minutes of my time; staying cozy looked like it would be the highlight of the test.

And then knobby rubber hit snowy field and all manner of sliding-sideways, OMG-I-just-did-a-360-and-I’m-still-pointed-in-the-same-direction-at-full-speed hilarity ensued. Every slippery, ice-filled corner was chance to get seriously crossed-up; every sharp turn was an opportunity to perfect my rally-driving, swing-one-way-then-flip-it-sideways-the-other skills. Much merriment ensued, my cackling like a madman often drowning out the Pioneer’s subdued exhaust.

Read More Here

Source
Driving.ca - By David Booth
Originally published: 4 hours ago

Attachments

• 2014-honda-pioneer-5.jpg
    2014-honda-pioneer-5.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 1,671
  • 2014-honda-pioneer-3.jpg
    2014-honda-pioneer-3.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 1,643
  • 2014-honda-pioneer-33.jpg
    2014-honda-pioneer-33.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 1,638
F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
Fairly good read.
Why does Honda ask people how have never driven a SxS to "test" it. They want really know.
but at least its a good review.