P1000 Rigid 30” RDS installed

annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I had a light bar sitting in the garage for the past year from a truck I got rid of. Didn’t feel like putting it on my current truck, so figured I might as well use it on the pioneer.

Unfortunately it was too wide to use the factory rigid mounts. I ended up welding some strap to the old mounts to extend them where the brackets reached. Before I went this route I spent a bit of time trying to come up with a different solution, however this turned into the lesser evil.

I’m happy with how it came out. It’s not wired in yet as I’m waiting for a new crimper to come in before I can install and run the wires for my 2nd battery setup. I had one and have no clue where it went. Sigh, I’m sure I’ll find it a few days after the new crimper gets here.

414802F5 940A 42E5 9397 AA60ED7225C8
The bar is a little wider than ideal for where it’s mounted, unfortunately it blocks a little bit of the headlight beam, about 1/2” of the back of light bar gets light up with the lights on. Not a big deal in the end.... this bar puts out an insane amount of light, and being curved, it lights up a really wide path.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So, I had a light bar sitting in the garage for the past year from a truck I got rid of. Didn’t feel like putting it on my current truck, so figured I might as well use it on the pioneer.

Unfortunately it was too wide to use the factory rigid mounts. I ended up welding some strap to the old mounts to extend them where the brackets reached. Before I went this route I spent a bit of time trying to come up with a different solution, however this turned into the lesser evil.

I’m happy with how it came out. It’s not wired in yet as I’m waiting for a new crimper to come in before I can install and run the wires for my 2nd battery setup. I had one and have no clue where it went. Sigh, I’m sure I’ll find it a few days after the new crimper gets here.

View attachment 245342
The bar is a little wider than ideal for where it’s mounted, unfortunately it blocks a little bit of the headlight beam, about 1/2” of the back of light bar gets light up with the lights on. Not a big deal in the end.... this bar puts out an insane amount of light, and being curved, it lights up a really wide path.
Nice, does it leave room for airflow to the radiator? These things aren't great as it is when it comes to the cooling system.

Reactions: Bastardchild
annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is a concern. I’m going to be paying close attention to my temps for a while once I get everything wrapped up. If it causes a problem I’ll have to remove the light bar and come up with a different solution.

Unfortunately right now it’s actually nice out with a high in the 50s-60s right now. The real test will be summer once the temps hit 110-115.