P1000 Reverse Camera Help.

K

Kwooden12

May 5, 2022
Huntsville, Al
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have searched and can’t seem to find my answer. I am wiring a reverse camera that the screen shows a constant view of four camera angles. However I am attempting to wire a trigger wire for reverse when the bike is in reverse it only shows the rear camera view. I ran my trigger wire and attached to the Hondasxs pigtail for the reverse circuit and the camera switches to the rear camera angle when in park. I tried swapping the trigger wire to the ground wire of the same pigtail and still shows the rear camera angle when in park. I metered the pigtail and am getting voltage on both positive and negative enough for it to trigger the reverse camera while in park or drive. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone run into this issue what did you do to fix it. Any diagrams would be greatly appreciated.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I have searched and can’t seem to find my answer. I am wiring a reverse camera that the screen shows a constant view of four camera angles. However I am attempting to wire a trigger wire for reverse when the bike is in reverse it only shows the rear camera view. I ran my trigger wire and attached to the Hondasxs pigtail for the reverse circuit and the camera switches to the rear camera angle when in park. I tried swapping the trigger wire to the ground wire of the same pigtail and still shows the rear camera angle when in park. I metered the pigtail and am getting voltage on both positive and negative enough for it to trigger the reverse camera while in park or drive. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone run into this issue what did you do to fix it. Any diagrams would be greatly appreciated.
I don’t know much about the cameras but maybe the trigger wire itself may not have enough power to run all the cameras…might need to use the trigger wire to operate a relay?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Your test is correct.
It will give a low volt false positive on the ground line when NOT in reverse. It is only a ground when in reverse and should not be back feed a ground.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
If the camera has a ground trigger wire. A simple diode will fix it.

If it only has a positive triggered wire you will need to introduce a relay for a hard off point.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

K

Kwooden12

May 5, 2022
Huntsville, Al
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It’s positive triggered, so forgive my ignorance. Can I run the keyed power source off your harness to the relay and ground would go to the frame?

Reactions: Smitty335
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
It’s positive triggered, so forgive my ignorance. Can I run the keyed power source off your harness to the relay and ground would go to the frame?
It is a keyed source and a ground.
Just need to switch it through a relay to convert it to a positive key-on trigger.

Reactions: Lady01 and JACKAL