P1000 Reverse blower

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like to ask those who have under seat blowers if anyone has reversed them and what kind of heating success they have gotten ? I remember reading several members have added one or another type of vent or port to facilitate the air flow. I am one who have added under seat insulation and a blower. I removed the insulation for the cooler months and am trying to decide whether to place a vent and reverse my blower. Thanks.

Reactions: ghost
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
I have an on-off-on switch on order. I'll try to have it wired up in the next couple of weeks. Plan to have the blower reversible with the flip of a switch. I'll update my garage as soon as I figure how to wire it up right.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I turned my blowers around to see how they worked. I couldn't feel any extra heat from them. And I have the 2" vent holes in the plastic behind your legs. The warm air probably dissipated or got redirected before reaching the vents. A hose connecting the 2 would probably help alot.

Reactions: GlockMeister
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
I turned my blowers around to see how they worked. I couldn't feel any extra heat from them. And I have the 2" vent holes in the plastic behind your legs. The warm air probably dissipated or got redirected before reaching the vents. A hose connecting the 2 would probably help alot.

Yep, I have 3" ABS connected to the front of my blower and comes out in the center.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
I think I can get better heat, but I'm pulling air from both side of the heat shield on the exhaust.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, I have 3" ABS connected to the front of my blower and comes out in the center.
Oh yeah thatd definitely help with the heat. I still have the hose that came with my blowers somewhere.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I can't see the pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Yes AK just your pics

advertisement
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I use Tapatalk & it just reads out galleries but no pics

J

Jshell3

@AK_Centurion is using media uploads (which is more like posting a link to a picture that automatically loads in the browser. - Media uploads are beneficial for uploading a pic once, then all future uses of the picture are linked back to the original upload, thus doesn't use additional server hard drive space... and makes it quick to repost)
Meanwhile, @Ridem32 is using tapatalk app which isn't conducive to preloading media links.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
@AK_Centurion is using media uploads (which is more like posting a link to a picture that automatically loads in the browser. - Media uploads are beneficial for uploading a pic once, then all future uses of the picture is quick... doesn't take Hard-drive Server space).
Meanwhile, @Ridem32 is using tapatalk app which isn't conducive to preloading media links.
Isn't that what most users do, saving in an album. Just odd that he can't see mine.

J

Jshell3

Isn't that what most users do, saving in an album. Just odd that he can't see mine.
No. I believe most users upload pics in the post... on the fly.
Type msg, then browse for the pic from their phone or PC. Upload. Save post. The uploaded picture is part of the that post, specifically.

I would be surprised if many of us even know how to upload to the media feature.

I can it see either way. I dont use Tapatalk, tho. Just iPhone browser. Safari.

Reactions: JTW and Ridem32
J

Jshell3

I don't want you to think I'm a whiz... I've not been long asking Hondasxs exactly this... (see photo).

IMG 3012

Reactions: JTW
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
P1000m5 - AK_Centurion's P1000-5

Check my garage, post 117, I think I started there. Worked pretty good, considering I only have a deflector and it was mid 30s.

By deflector do you mean just the lower portion of the front windshield? Looking at your build that is what it looks like. I have a full glass, roof and mid panel so I can absolutely see that would make a huge difference. If I misunderstood your meaning please set me straight. Thanks

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
By deflector do you mean just the lower portion of the front windshield? Looking at your build that is what it looks like. I have a full glass, roof and mid panel so I can absolutely see that would make a huge difference. If I misunderstood your meaning please set me straight. Thanks
That's right, the deflector in the pic is all I have.
I can see this setup working better with each accessory that will block the wind.