P1000 Replacement Hood and Fender

T

Tom_owens95

Nov 21, 2017
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So when I bought my P1000 it had the Olive Green Plastics. I ordered to Metallic Silver plastics to replace it. How hard is it to change the fender area with the battery and all the electronics? Any guidance or tips?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So when I bought my P1000 it had the Olive Green Plastics. I ordered to Metallic Silver plastics to replace it. How hard is it to change the fender area with the battery and all the electronics? Any guidance or tips?

More effort than I wanted to put into it so I searched for a Silver

It’s not hard just time consuming, better to do it all at once so you don’t forget where everything goes.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Time and a little bit of patience, other than that it's not that hard if you have any mechanical/body work type skills.

H

HondaTech

If it's all stock, no add on battery, lights, larger bumper, etc. I can have it ready to roll in under a 30 minutes.

Pull the grille off with it, leave headlights and all attached.

Remove doors and fender flares first then the bolts and clips under the hood. There's one under the battery and another hidden one near the fuse box. I just shove all the electronics up under the dash, the only plug you should need to unplug is the headlights since they'll be coming off with the fender.