P1000m5 Removing glass windshield

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
Has anyone removed the glass out of the frame if the Honda oem glass windshield. Mine has the windshield wiper all wired up so I was thinking about trying to remove just the glass for airflow during the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
lol taking it out.... no problem, putting it back in... PIA!!!!! If they are held in by the old school rubber gasket with a spline, then it wouldn't be impossible,just a pain. I've done a few pick up rear windows, with some string and a helper they are not real bad.I have the 2 piece wind shield on mine and no wiper so I just take the upper portion off for the summer

Reactions: CumminsPusher
W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the wiper just unplugs so it's easier to take the whole windshield out

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
lol taking it out.... no problem, putting it back in... PIA!!!!! If they are held in by the old school rubber gasket with a spline, then it wouldn't be impossible,just a pain. I've done a few pick up rear windows, with some string and a helper they are not real bad.I have the 2 piece wind shield on mine and no wiper so I just take the upper portion off for the summer
Like @allgm1 says it'll be a pain just for air flow. It is the same setup as older vehicles and is doable with a friend and a rope so if you ever break it it's not bad but to replace.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
When it's hot either no windshield or partial windshield is money.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: taylorman