P1000 reflector s

Jas sxs

Jas sxs

Oct 15, 2021
rankin county ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
over the last few weekends I have been around several SXS and ATV all with in a couple years old and I have noticed on the side front a yellow reflector a red on the side in the back like cars / trucks have. When I started paying attention and looking closer it all from the factory I guess because a lot of states are street legal now for SXS &ATV use has any one added this to your SXS and if so what location ?

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Negative
if the state dosnt require it, not worth going to all the trouble imo
On the other hand, if u were seeing that on a Poo Poo, There just givin u a fair warning to stay away

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Reflectors have been a requirement in Canada for a long time.
I guess Popo is so close the the border they just go with it.
I might of heard that it will be required on ATVs and SxSs soon.

There is not really a good place to put them.
I’m assuming you are considering stick on reflectors like are used on trailers.
The side of the bed is textured so they will not stick.

You could try the roll bar, it’s smooth but the edge of the sticker might lift.
If it where me, I would stick them on the roll bar and put a zip tie top and bottom.
(And then I would have a bunch of red and yellow zip ties left over)

TOGR

TOGR

Apr 5, 2022
NW Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Spent all last winter in Baja, first helping a team pre-run for the 1000, then seeing a lot of the areas around Mulege, Loreto, Mag Bay and north of La Paz that few get to. Were several times we found ourselves driving on the pavement after dark, especially during pre-running, to get back to our base.

I know most roads are wider in the US, but if you ever spend a bit of time on a narrow, unlighted, two lane highway with semis passing within inches of you, do realize your headlights are mounted quite a bit inboard of the side of your SXS and that a 1500 pound SXS is not going to do well in a head-on, even against a small car (they weigh 3000+ pounds nowadays!). It appears to oncoming traffic that they have and extra 12-18 inches of space, which they do not!

Not saying reflectors are needed for every situation, but I immediately applied DOT reflector tape to the inside rear of the front driver's fender, the outside of the driver's rear fender, and the driver's rear view mirror.

Then I only had the Trophy Truck pre-runners, cows, federales, jumping cacti and chupacabras to worry about!