RECALL - Polaris GENERAL Due to Crash Hazard!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Recall

Name of product:
GENERAL recreational off-highway vehicles (ROVs)
Hazard:
Inconsistent tire pressure information can result in improperly-inflated tires, posing a crash hazard.

Remedy:
Repair
Recall date:
August 22, 2017
Recall number:
17-763
Consumer Contact:
Polaris at 800-765-2747 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or online at www.polaris.com and click on “Off Road Safety Recalls” for more information. In addition, check your vehicle identification number (VIN) on the “Product Safety Recalls” page to see if your vehicle is included in any recalls.

Recall Details
Description:
This recall involves all model year 2017 Polaris GENERAL Base and GENERAL Hunter two-seat, side-by-side recreational off-highway vehicles (ROVs). The GENERAL Base was sold in red and the GENERAL Hunter was sold in camo. “Polaris” is printed on the front grill, “GENERAL” is printed on the rear panel and “1000” is printed on the front panel. The VIN is printed on the left rear vehicle frame below the cargo box.

Remedy:
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled vehicles and contact Polaris for a new tire pressure label and addendum to the owner’s manual. All known purchasers are being contacted directly by the firm.

Incidents/Injuries:
None reported

Sold At:
Polaris dealers nationwide from June 2016 through July 2017 for between $16,300 and $19,000.

Manufacturer(s):
Polaris Industries Inc., of Medina, Minn.

Importer(s):
Polaris Industries Inc., of Medina, Minn.

Manufactured In:
U.S. and Mexico
Units:
About 1,600

Last edited:

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Gotta love Polaris for putting out a recall for an incorrect tire pressure label when I'm too scared to use my P1K-3 in 2WD mode or 4WD for fear of grenadeing my clutches, driveline or 4WD system. At least Popo inc is covering every imaginable gripe out there!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gotta love Polaris for putting out a recall for an incorrect tire pressure label when I'm too scared to use my P1K-3 in 2WD mode or 4WD for fear of grenadeing my clutches, driveline or 4WD system. At least Popo inc is covering every imaginable gripe out there!
You should buy a general then. :cool:

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You should buy a general then. :cool:
As soon as I can get out from under my heap, I intend to do just that. Actually, a Ranger 1000xp but...yeah.

Last edited:
J

JTW

Folks can say whatever they want about Polaris... but they're on top of the recall issuance! They may put out some s*** but thy sure stand behind those piles! People understand issues as long as they're quickly taken care of! Big H could add quick action to their playbook!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hasn't Honda done recalls for water splashing into the intake, or the design flaw that causes unreasonable heat through the seat, or at least for a clutch remedy???

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ummmmm. Okkkkkkkkkk!
A label indicating incorrect tire pressure (I assume).
Have you ever checked that label to determine how much air you should run? "Ain't nobody got time for that".

I'm not going to bash Polaris for this one. These machines are stuck, rolled and crashed often. That's the nature of our riding style. But the day somebody gets hurt, the lawyers will line up to jump on that little detail and blame a crash on miscommunication.

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'm not going to bash Polaris for this one. These machines are stuck, rolled and crashed often. That's the nature of our riding style. But the day somebody gets hurt, the lawyers will line up to jump on that little detail and blame a crash on miscommunication.

I agree. This is a petty recall.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So because we are in desperate need of tort reform, Polaris can be criticized for covering their ass. Shrug

Reactions: 0860silverado
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
I have a buddy that has a general. He put a high lifter lift and 32" roctanes on it. didnt widen it and then had the tires filled with 42lbs of pressure. he was the floppingest thing on 4 errr uh 2 wheels. you wanna talk about entertaining lol

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a buddy that has a general. He put a high lifter lift and 32" roctanes on it. didnt widen it and then had the tires filled with 42lbs of pressure. he was the floppingest thing on 4 errr uh 2 wheels. you wanna talk about entertaining lol
The general sure is a nice looking rig I'll give them that.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Folks can say whatever they want about Polaris... but they're on top of the recall issuance! They may put out some s*** but thy sure stand behind those piles! People understand issues as long as they're quickly taken care of! Big H could add quick action to their playbook!

Yeah, there on top of it because the Fed forced them to. They ain't spending money because they're nice guys. CSPC says jump, they better jump high enough without asking or they end up like Kawasaki ........

Kawasaki Agrees to Pay $5.2 Million Civil Penalty, Maintain Compliance Program for Failure to Report Defective ROVs and Misrepresentation

J

JTW

Yeah, there on top of it because the Fed forced them to. They ain't spending money because they're nice guys. CSPC says jump, they better jump high enough without asking or they end up like Kawasaki ........

Kawasaki Agrees to Pay $5.2 Million Civil Penalty, Maintain Compliance Program for Failure to Report Defective ROVs and Misrepresentation
Maybe so.. but H could easily end up in the same situation if they don't stand behind their issues. It's about keeping customers and clientele coming back. I'm sure Honda will address their handful of issues, as most of us have already done.. my point is, time is of the essence to address thos things when people spend 15-20+k on machines.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Maybe so.. but H could easily end up in the same situation if they don't stand behind their issues. It's about keeping customers and clientele coming back. I'm sure Honda will address their handful of issues, as most of us have already done.. my point is, time is of the essence to address thos things when people spend 15-20+k on machines.

Big H has been there done that with the ATC's 30 years ago. CSPC made them go away.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reactions: Stauvo
advertisement